Kids love pipes and coffee too....

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MisterE

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
I got home from this morning´s rehearsal to find that Miguel, my son, had spent the morning busy at work in my studio.

He sat at my desk and played with all the pipes he could reach. Since my morning coffee was left there unfinished, it made sense to pour it into the bowls. A pipe bowl looks like a small coffee cup after all.

He also enjoys good blends! He found an open tin of McClelland Dark star and added a little coffee to that too. Makes sense- two great tastes ought to go well together!

After his morning pipes and a coffee, he decided it was time to get productive. On to Dad´s trumpets, mouthpieces, and music. After a complete "practice session" that left no instrument mouthpiece or bottle of valve oil untouched, it was back for a pipe and more coffee... a well deserved break.

Helluva mess he left for me...

The funny thing is that he´s just doing what he sees me do every day, so I couldn´t get too upset. No major harm done. Kind of funny actually. The pipes will dry out, but might have a slight Guatamalan Antigua ghost for a while...

:lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

I'm glad you could find some humor in it. I'd have hit the roof. Maybe not in front of the little guy...but hit it all the same. :shock:

Personally ,a pipe is a bit small for a cup of coffee, but it would add some flavor.

:affraid: All I can says is KIDS! Now you make me worried what my little guy might get in to. LOL!

hobie1dog":wnrb95cq said:
At least he didn't use the mouthpieces as hammers. :shock:
Not yet anyway! My studio has a hardwood floor so a falling mouthpiece usually is no worse for the wear, unless it hits straight on the backbore....

He's a future professional blender. His first: "Dad's Morning Coffee!"

Wow! It's a funny story when it didn't happen to ME! Good luck with the clean up, hope the pipes dry out ok for ya.

That kinda happened to me a few years back,the boy would take my pipes and go play while i was at work had a hell of time finding them.Now every once in a while i'll give him a beater from the pipe lots i purchase or a small cob or ozark at 2.00 a piece it keeps him outta my pipes and he has his own collection.

Wow! Well that's fatherhood for you. The pipes should be ok in a while after drying. Could put in a new flavor that you like.

That's too much! It's funny, my son plays with a pipe bowl that doesn't have a stem, and he also pretends that it's a cup, and often offers me sips from his "coffee cup"!
I just got back from a weekend trip to San Francisco with one of the bands I play with, and fortunately all my pipes and guitars were OK when I came home, but I feel for you man!

I found that giving my 4 year old his own pipes (cobs and the plastic one that you get to blow bubbles out of) has kept him out of mine.

He does like his coffee though and in the AM he will tell his mother to "make me a cup of coffee please!" My wife proceeds to put creamer and milk in a cup with just enough coffee to make it light brown, then he and I sit outside and enjoy our morning ritual before he heads off to a busy day at preschool and me to work.

To keep him out of my straight razors and shaving cream I got him his own shaving kit, so he shaves with me in the AM too.

I know, it´s hard to get upset because they just want to be like you....

Well, the pipes are fine. I had a bowl in each of the "coffee pipes" and only one of them slightly suggested coffee flavor. By the end of the bowl it was gone.

My keyboard was KIA however- just came back from picking up a new one. The coffee dried under the keys and that was that. :evil:

Did you upgrade on the keyboard? Sometimes "accidents" are a good excuse for that!

Harlock999":jen3q8i8 said:
Did you upgrade on the keyboard? Sometimes "accidents" are a good excuse for that!
Absolutely! Even got a Spanish keyboard this time so I can say...

¿Cómo está Usted?

¿Qué van a preparar para la cena mañana?

¡Vaya, este tabaco el lo maximo!

ñññññññññññññññ.... love it!

MisterE":dzk5wnxy said:
Harlock999":dzk5wnxy said:
Absolutely! Even got a Spanish keyboard this time so I can say...

¿Cómo está Usted?

¿Qué van a preparar para la cena mañana?

¡Vaya, este tabaco el lo maximo!

ñññññññññññññññ.... love it!
Nice!

At least you aren't mad. What an understanding father, I applaud you!

-Mike.

I got home from this morning´s rehearsal to find that Miguel, my son, had spent the morning busy at work in my studio.

He sat at my desk and played with all the pipes he could reach. Since my morning coffee was left there unfinished, it made sense to pour it into the bowls. A pipe bowl looks like a small coffee cup after all.

He also enjoys good blends! He found an open tin of McClelland Dark star and added a little coffee to that too. Makes sense- two great tastes ought to go well together!

After his morning pipes and a coffee, he decided it was time to get productive. On to Dad´s trumpets, mouthpieces, and music. After a complete "practice session" that left no instrument mouthpiece or bottle of valve oil untouched, it was back for a pipe and more coffee... a well deserved break.

Helluva mess he left for me...

The funny thing is that he´s just doing what he sees me do every day, so I couldn´t get too upset. No major harm done. Kind of funny actually. The pipes will dry out, but might have a slight Guatamalan Antigua ghost for a while...

:lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

I tried it once..... hard to light.....
coffee in pipe copy.jpg