Kingfisher

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sasquatch

Reaction score
Smoking kingfisher for the first time today. I like it. Just sweet enough, and has some interesting flavors. But it's getting hard to come by.

Anybody got a substitute? Va/Burley/Periqe.... Mac Baren Roll Cake is a little similar, but only a little.

This is my favorite tobacco. Closest to it I've found is Solani. They have Aged Burley Flake 656, and Virginia Flake with Perique 633 but neither are quite as good to me as the Kingfisher.

Piet, are you catching this? See I'm not alone when it comes to praising Butera Kingfisher. :cherry:

Falconer":z4cbrsvf said:
This is my favorite tobacco. Closest to it I've found is Solani. They have Aged Burley Flake 656, and Virginia Flake with Perique 633 but neither are quite as good to me as the Kingfisher.

Piet, are you catching this? See I'm not alone when it comes to praising Butera Kingfisher. :cherry:
right here Falconer bro, right here.............. cool, Let it be known to the brotherhood That I will be giving the stuff a whirl soon thanks to my good buddy Falconer right here.
By what I read, this may be well up my ally!

And if the world hears that the might Piet Binsbergen wants Kingfisher, possibly they'll make us all some more???? :cheers:

Sasquatch":a3o0j9zt said:
And if the world hears that the might Piet Binsbergen wants Kingfisher, possibly they'll make us all some more???? :cheers:
Ok SAS, I am learning as we go along here? Is this stuff in great demand? Is there a shortage in the market like with SG at times???
I have never smoked it. My bud Falconer has offered some to try as he can't seem to get enough of the stuff. It must be good then, I'll take his word for it until his package arrives!! :cheers: :cheers:

Why not blend up a nice VaPer / Burley mix?
Can't be all that hard.......

I was recently introduced to this blend and like it quite a bit. I was planning on picking some up. Why has this become hard to come by? Is it discontinued?

-Andrew

Well, I thought not. I ordered 5 tins last week and when it arrived today they'd sent me Pelican instead. I went back to the web site and Kingfisher is not available. So I now I'm hoping Pelican is just as good. Sorry Piet. Looks like you'll have to wait some for the Kingfisher. :no:

Falconer":t4msb27t said:
Well, I thought not. I ordered 5 tins last week and when it arrived today they'd sent me Pelican instead. I went back to the web site and Kingfisher is not available. So I now I'm hoping Pelican is just as good. Sorry Piet. Looks like you'll have to wait some for the Kingfisher. :no:

Is that Kingfisher Sasquatch is taking about? I thought it was Pelican :oops: . Gotta change my glasses :lol:

Pelican and Kingfisher are two completely different beast..
They are both good but not even the same genre..

I just tried the Pelican. It reminds me of Balkan Sasieni. Very distinct flavor ( I guess that's the oriental in it?.) It lingers so much I think you'd have to keep it in one pipe if you were going to smoke it much. I'd rather have gotten my Kingfisher!! :x

Falconer":ru3un89p said:
I just tried the Pelican. It reminds me of Balkan Sasieni. Very distinct flavor ( I guess that's the oriental in it?.) It lingers so much I think you'd have to keep it in one pipe if you were going to smoke it much. I'd rather have gotten my Kingfisher!! :x
Sorry to hear about the mishap there Falconer!

Good news is I found some in chicago and it'll be here by Friday. Bad news is I'm shipping your parcel tomorrow. :heart: Love ya though. :D

Falconer":9bqr6svg said:
Good news is I found some in chicago and it'll be here by Friday. Bad news is I'm shipping your parcel tomorrow. :heart: Love ya though. :D
HANDBRAKE BROTER!!!!!!! :arrow: :!:

Just picked up a tin of Kingfisher at my local B&M - nice stuff - a very gentle VaPer

Some may like it more than 633, but that would be personal preference - for it is much too tame to be in the same group as Escudo, 633 or Stratford - missing all the pepper

gandalfpc":ujmuv4p4 said:
Just picked up a tin of Kingfisher at my local B&M - nice stuff - a very gentle VaPer

Some may like it more than 633, but that would be personal preference - for it is much too tame to be in the same group as Escudo, 633 or Stratford - missing all the pepper
Now Gandalf, thats the sort of info I appreciate, short and sweet.
Never got the idea of perique pepper taste until I smoked 2015, For now it is my top 5 Vaper.
I shall reserve my opinion until I have smoked the other blends. Falconer's package is eagerly awaited!!!!

Speaking of FALCONER>>>>>
WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU BRO.......
PUTTING OUT AN apb ON FALCONER, COME IN FALCONER............
:lol!: :lol!: