Kirsten Pipes

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

RSteve

Reaction score
Is anyone still smoking Kirsten pipes? I was on a Kirsten kick in the 1990s. I bought new and estate, had the late Mike Brissett make me some bowls. I was surprised to see that I have eleven Kirstens. I think they look like pipes designed to smoke something other than tobacco. I think I may give them all to my daughter to sell as a lot on Ebay. I just have to get my burro in gear to unload some pipes.

Last edited:

ftrplt

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Those "metal" pipes have never "tripped my trigger!" My late uncle loved them! Had Falcons, Kirstens, and many others all over his den!!! FTRPLT

Mikem

Reaction score
I can't remember which Smoking Pipes or Pipes and Cigars but they are still selling the bowls for them. If I remember correctly I thought Mike told me once that making those bowls was how he got his start into pipe making.

RSteve

Reaction score
If I remember correctly I thought Mike told me once that making those bowls was how he got his start into pipe making.
I first contacted Mike after he wrote on the old JR Cigars BB, pipe subforum that he was making bowls for Kirstens. After making many Kirsten bowls, he began carving pipes.

Brewdude

Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Always meant to get one of those in but never got a round tuit. And the storefront was right downtown in Seattle when I lived in the Pac NW for 28 years!

Cheers,

RR

loneredtree

Reaction score
Yes Steve, they are still being made I think and they have a devoted following. I have 3 and do like them especially when traveling.
I think you would do much better to sell them individualy.

RSteve

Reaction score
Yes Steve, they are still being made I think and they have a devoted following. I have 3 and do like them especially when traveling. I think you would do much better to sell them individually.
I'm far too lazy to list anything. I'll give them to my daughter with a suggestion how to sell them on Ebay. She gets to keep the proceeds, so I hope she experiments with listing. Otherwise, I know after I croak, they'll all be in a $1.00 box on my driveway.

ftrplt

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
FYI...One of Banjo's Kirstens is now listed on Lumpyslures eBay site! FTRPLT

mark

Reaction score
I bought one in the mid 90s and smoked it for a while but lost interest shortly after. Something about briar , maybe warm and curvy as opposed to aluminum, sharp edges and mechanical operation. Still, I admire the well thought out design, but it's not for me.

RSteve

Reaction score
FYI...One of Banjo's Kirstens is now listed on Lumpyslures eBay site! FTRPLT
Not many Kirstens listed, nor are there many "watchers". Banjo's Kirsten is still at $20.00.

Natch

Geographer Ultimo
B of B Supporter
Reaction score
I've got several stems and bodies and over three dozen bowls, many of them custom-made for me by Mad Dog (if anyone remembers him from the past), see pix below. This was my FB pix for several years. I especially like them in winter, when the bodies get cold and it really takes the moisture out of the smoke.
1622127623253.png
IMG_2158.JPG

Last edited:

Natch

Geographer Ultimo
B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Always meant to get one of those in but never got a round tuit. And the storefront was right downtown in Seattle when I lived in the Pac NW for 28 years!

Cheers,

RR
I bought a few from that store when visiting family in the area.

Brewdude

Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
I bought a few from that store when visiting family in the area.

Seems our paths have crossed several times Mr. Natural - in Mil, WI and Seattle over the years. Small world.....

Cheers,

RR

Fr_Tom

Chaplain
Reaction score
I have two of them, and I like them. I am not totally onboard with the shape of the bowl interior, and the bowls are too small for my preferences. They are a good design though and smoke well.