Kirsten Pipes

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSteve

Reaction score
Is anyone still smoking Kirsten pipes? I was on a Kirsten kick in the 1990s. I bought new and estate, had the late Mike Brissett make me some bowls. I was surprised to see that I have eleven Kirstens. I think they look like pipes designed to smoke something other than tobacco. I think I may give them all to my daughter to sell as a lot on Ebay. I just have to get my burro in gear to unload some pipes.

pipe_1601.jpg

Last edited:
Those "metal" pipes have never "tripped my trigger!" My late uncle loved them! Had Falcons, Kirstens, and many others all over his den!!! FTRPLT

I can't remember which Smoking Pipes or Pipes and Cigars but they are still selling the bowls for them. If I remember correctly I thought Mike told me once that making those bowls was how he got his start into pipe making.

If I remember correctly I thought Mike told me once that making those bowls was how he got his start into pipe making.
I first contacted Mike after he wrote on the old JR Cigars BB, pipe subforum that he was making bowls for Kirstens. After making many Kirsten bowls, he began carving pipes.

Always meant to get one of those in but never got a round tuit. And the storefront was right downtown in Seattle when I lived in the Pac NW for 28 years!

Cheers,

RR

Yes Steve, they are still being made I think and they have a devoted following. I have 3 and do like them especially when traveling.
I think you would do much better to sell them individualy.

Yes Steve, they are still being made I think and they have a devoted following. I have 3 and do like them especially when traveling. I think you would do much better to sell them individually.
I'm far too lazy to list anything. I'll give them to my daughter with a suggestion how to sell them on Ebay. She gets to keep the proceeds, so I hope she experiments with listing. Otherwise, I know after I croak, they'll all be in a $1.00 box on my driveway.

I bought one in the mid 90s and smoked it for a while but lost interest shortly after. Something about briar , maybe warm and curvy as opposed to aluminum, sharp edges and mechanical operation. Still, I admire the well thought out design, but it's not for me.

FYI...One of Banjo's Kirstens is now listed on Lumpyslures eBay site! FTRPLT
Not many Kirstens listed, nor are there many "watchers". Banjo's Kirsten is still at $20.00.

I've got several stems and bodies and over three dozen bowls, many of them custom-made for me by Mad Dog (if anyone remembers him from the past), see pix below. This was my FB pix for several years. I especially like them in winter, when the bodies get cold and it really takes the moisture out of the smoke.
1622127623253.png
IMG_2158.JPG

Last edited:
I have two of them, and I like them. I am not totally onboard with the shape of the bowl interior, and the bowls are too small for my preferences. They are a good design though and smoke well.