Kyle says "gum it up" with more photos!!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

docwatson

Reaction score
OK Kyle,
I'll gum up the thread with a few more photos of that Cross Cut Panel Pipe. :D :D And after breaking this in with several bowls it is an extraordinary smoke.
Peretti5.jpg
Peretti4.jpg
Peretti3.jpg
Peretti2-1.jpg

...oh my... :heart:

That's one of the prettiest shades/grains of briar I've ever seen.

Not kidding. Whoever cut that knew what they were doing. Someone couldn't have drawn a better way to use a panel pipe.

8)

Just shows that the boys in Bean Town know what they are doing, pipe wise as well as tobacco's. I love the two Peretti's I have along with the Royal Blend I smoke in 'em :p

What a Great pipe! The shank and stem remind me of a Savinelli I once owned, only rotated 90 deg.

savinelli_giubileo_doro_512_KS_1.jpg

Yep,
Turn that Savinelli on its side and you've got some great birds eye grain. Giubileo D'oro are the top of the line in Savinelli for sure. Big $$$.
Thanks for the photo.
:D

My late Pap had a chunky panel pipe. I remember this well from my youth.

He never smoked it in my presence as far as I can remember, but I always thought it was very "manly" and distinctive.

Sadly it was one of the dozen or so pipes I never got to inherit since his second wife threw them all out after he quit smoking, and I wasn't into pipes at the time.

Need to pick up a panel at some point. And I like yours doc.

Cheers,

RR

This is the way ideally it should be done. A gorgeous piece of briar, dedicated to one of your favorite blends. Thanks for sharing these additional pics Andy. :cheers:

Thanks again for the kind replies everyone. I'm liking this pipe more as each day goes by, it really does smoke like a dream. Last night had another bowl of Wilderness, great stuff.
Andy
:D