L J Peretti cross cut Panel

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

docwatson

Reaction score
I've had this pipe for a long time and just decided to break her in. Personally I love cross cut pipes and birds eye grain. Breaking it in with some McClelland Smyrna #1. Life is good.
peretti.jpg

NICE,NICE pipe !! I have two of theirs, a strait grain second bent bulldog and pot and they have both taken to my Va's like they were made for 'em! I read that Peretti's pipes are made by the same folks who have made Edward's pipes and I can say that now having smoked both, they may be right! These two I have are right up there with my Edward's as some of the best smoking pipes I have. And that McC 'bac is not a bad one to smoke either ! Good 'bac for a good pipe :p

They have some fantastic pipes. One of these days, probably a ways off, I hope to get one.

Nice pipe Doc.

I like panel pipes that have more subtle "corner panels" than side panels. Does the birdseye show up as nicely on the other side, with good grain banding on the shank side and front?

It's that nice honey color I fall for every time, too. 8)

Wow Andy, she is gorgeous! I'm sure once you get her broken in, she will stay in regular rotation. :cheers:

THANKS for the comments guys.

@Monbla, I believe you are correct in that the same folks that made Edwards pipes also makes these. First bowl smoked like a dream. It's going to definitely be another favorite, as I have others of the same make that smoke great.

@Kyle, the pipe does have incredible birds eye grain on both sides, it was made dead on, and they do color up nicely. I have an apple shape, same maker that has developed great patina. I would've posted more photos but don't want to overdo it on the post.

@Dutch, You are right on with that assumption, It's going to be a keeper for sure.

@Kiev, You can't go wrong for the price and quality of these pipes. They are not considered High Grades by any means, but smoke as well or better. If you get a chance, go for it.

Nice !

And re-enforcing my longstanding contention that some of the best pipes going can be "basket pipes" or house brands.

To some, the name & mystique is a big factor ; to me, finding the gem in the bargain basement for cheap is.

Same mentality as the Steelers finding/signing un-drafted players like Harrison. Makes it twice as sweet when they excel.

:face:

Yak":o4dxblpz said:
To some, the name & mystique is a big factor ; to me, finding the gem in the bargain basement for cheap is.
This. 8) The search is just as fun as the acquisition, whereas the coveted expensive stuff is just patience and money-saving...

...pipes being female, it's the pretty ones that often are stuck up, live in the city and are expensive to nail down versus the small-town hottie no one bothered to look for that's perfectly loyal and just needed the right one to notice her.

Doc, get some more pictures...gum up this thread with 'em. Please. 8)

Very impressive panel you have there. Would love to see more pics if you're up to it.

Steve

Kyle Weiss":s5yt2uhr said:
Doc, get some more pictures...gum up this thread with 'em. Please. 8)
OK Kyle,
Several more of the same pipe. Gummin' it up. LOL
Peretti5.jpg

Peretti2-1.jpg
Peretti3.jpg
Peretti4.jpg

10-4 Doc... I even read the other thread dedicated to it. :lol:

Worth a second (and third, fourth, fifth) look... :heart:

What a pipe.

8)

I've been told that's one of the more difficult shapes to make well, especially an 8-panel like that. Maybe that's why we don't see so many of them.

Steve

Birdseye and panels--two of my favorite things on a pipe! Also like that burl pictured with it !! Looks like it would make a nice pipe or two!