L.J. Peretti

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cadfael

Reaction score
So I read that Peretti does not make their own flakes. Does this mean they are repackaged other brands? Or perhaps made by other manufacturers and only marketed as Peretti? Any have information?

I have no insider information...How some ever, I do love LJPs Cambridge Flake. I still have several ounces from 2009; just a sublime tobacco! I did notice that about the same time McClelland's went OOB, that LJP ran out of CF and announced they couldn't get it anymore. Then, sometime later, I noticed it was back in stock. Purely a coincidence? I don't know! FTRPLT

I have no insider information...How some ever, I do love LJPs Cambridge Flake. I still have several ounces from 2009; just a sublime tobacco! I did notice that about the same time McClelland's went OOB, that LJP ran out of CF and announced they couldn't get it anymore. Then, sometime later, I noticed it was back in stock. Purely a coincidence? I don't know! FTRPLT
Several flakes were made for them by McClelland. If Cambridge Flake is back, then a blending house, likely Sutliff, has tried to recreate it. The new version may be good - I haven't tried it - but it's not likely to be the same. The only way to be certain is have samples of both and compare.

Here's an example: I did try London Flake in 2020 and compared that version to the previous McClelland version: Tobacco Reviews | Peretti - London Flake (Flake)

4Noggins had the same problem as many of their blends were using McClelland's tobaccos. The recreations are not going to be the same. I saw one guy complain about this on another forum.

Peretti's has always claimed they make all of their blends, but that isn't true.