Lane Ltd. Orlik Dunhills Distribution Slack

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kapnismologist

Reaction score
Colleagues,

Might anyone have any recent, and reliable, information on the situation with the US distribution of the Orlik made Dunhills? As you may well know, Lane stopped distributing the line on July 1st of this year and I was wondering if another distributor has picked them up yet? Lane distributed legacy stock is mostly now gone from the online vendors which many of us use, and I have seen recently that supplies are short at no small number of BMs as well (in the Midwest at least).

Cheers,

Kapnismologist

My Local has Orlik Golden Flake???? They just got it in about 2 weeks ago. Don't know if that helps at all???

Just checked where I normally buy tobac... "out of stock" :shock: . I am suprised at the price of bulk Night Cap & Early Morning... I'm going to check around here and see if it's the same... we are usually behind the times. I should have stocked up more... perhaps too many complaints that Orlik wasn't like Murray's ??? causing dwindling sales???

"we are usually behind the times."

As my old girlfriend from Kitchener used to say, "when Wake Up Little Susie was the #1 hit in the US, what was the #1 hit in Canada?" And the answer was, "who knows, but eight months later it was Wake Up Little Susie"

Natch

Natch":zwjam9wc said:
"we are usually behind the times."

As my old girlfriend from Kitchener used to say, "when Wake Up Little Susie was the #1 hit in the US, what was the #1 hit in Canada?" And the answer was, "who knows, but eight months later it was Wake Up Little Susie"

Natch
:lol!:

Greetings everyone,

My name is Bob Gates and I run the PipesandCigars.com website for Scotty at Habana Premium. I had a conversation with my good friend Dock Perry the other day and we spoke at length about Dunhill Tobaccos and their return.

We met with the fine folks from Skandinavik Tobacco this past summer at IPCPR in New Orleans and more specifically the primaries at the Orlik Factory. If, let me repeat, IF Dunhill Tobaccos do become available they will most likely be distributed by CAO International. I will spare you the long version of the explanation because there are 4 components to this particular deal and I can tell you that as of this past August the chances of a return were about 2% greater than any other time since their disappearance. As I compose this post it may be 3% greater. That being said any information that may be floating around regarding dates they will be available is pure conjecture.

I will leave you with this teaser. The way I understand it, the folks from Dunhill are in Nashville meeting with CAO this week and if they can get RJ Reynolds (whole other story) to sign the waiver for the release of the name then it's a done deal. If not, well.........

Dock has asked me to keep everyone at BoB "in the loop" and as any new information becomes available I will post it here. At P&C we have a very lengthy list of customers who wish to be emailed to the same point and I'd be happy to add anyone here who may be interested.

BobbyG

Thanks for the update Bobby. 2-3% good news is better than nothing. I hope the deal works out, my Murray's stock is running low.

Well, at least the tobacco industry remains as convoluted as ever. :joker: :scratch:

A few weeks ago it had crossed my mind for minute that I heard a rumor in the spring the Dunhill blends were supposed to be back on the market around Oct. I went online to look around and ended up buying 6 or so blends that I wanted to try or already loved, and frankly forgot all about Dunhill. I loved the Murray's 965 and Nightcap in their day, and have a small stash, but there are so many other fine blends on the market, I don't miss Dunhill.

the macdonald":uaex0byd said:
I loved the Murray's 965 and Nightcap in their day, and have a small stash, but there are so many other fine blends on the market, I don't miss Dunhill.
I worked at a tobacconist in 1996/97 and wish I had stockpiled the 965. It was my grandfather's blend of choice throughout his life, and it was the first I ever smoked. I have since moved on to what I consider blends that are better suited to me (i.e., Margate), but I'd love a couple dozen tins of the 965 just because.

I like alot of the Dunhill blends, Nightcap being one of them. Even though I have found many tobaccos that satisfy my itch for 965, I have not found anything that quenches my thirst for Nightcap.

I hope they do come back; however, i am in agreement that we have plenty to choose from.

Just the same, if there is a blend you really like, consider cellaring at least 5 pounds in case this were to ever happen.

I shudder to think that one day I'll be posting a thread asking for something similar to Orik Golden Sliced.

It just amazed me that the Dunhill blends were stopped being distributed. They were always in every little smoke shop that I saw. Except for WalMart. Plus all the better B&M's. Had to be selling a lot of the stuff all across the country.

I have worked with Dunhill in the past - they had a mail order cigar business for a short time in Pennsylvania. Was doing fantastic business. Closed down after a short time due to the threat of anti-smoking lawsuits. My bet is they have pulled out of US pipe tobacco for the same reason. Perhaps the new deal they are trying to make will distance them from such things...

I doubt if Dunhill is hurting. Here is an interesting list of Dunhill locations... looky at how many are in China
icon_eek.gif
and other less "polically correct" locations...

http://alfreddunhill.net/index1.htm

They are not just into pipes or tobaccy... deodorant to cuff links, etc. etc.

I wonder if CAO intends to bring back Old Ironsides.

I've just recently sent questions to BAT, Orlik/STG and CAO to see what current status is available.

So far, only this ....

Dear Mr. Epiper:

The status is exactly as you state below: CAO is in negotiations with Dunhill to become its pipe tobacco distributor in the U.S. At this writing, the contract has not been signed. We are all anxious for this to become a reality.

Sincerely,

Madonna A. Archer
Director of HR and Customer Relations
CAO International