Lane tins?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juanmedusa

Reaction score
Is anyone excited for the Lane blends being released in tins? Which ones? Why? Aging?

Not sure. Years ago, I smoked both BCA & 1Q and the bulk price point was always the biggest part of the appeal. Perhaps they used to tin it? I have know idea.

I am sure Lane knows something that I don't.

Not being an Aro smoker only the CA and MOV interest me. I smoked CA years ago and the recently re-introduced version is EXACTLY as it used to be, one of the BETTER English style blends available today. :twisted: :twisted:

Excited to pay more for average bulk blends packaged in colorful tins?

Not really.

MisterE":fswxxd1o said:
The Crown Achievment is worth a try. It's in the same ballpark as Nightcap, if you're into that sort of thing.
CA is under rated. I don't know why, because it's very good.

MisterE":mr2nhkrz said:
C'mon, imagine aged 1Q! What's not to like!? :lol:
I'm actually trying! I have not smoked 1Q since I was a newbie. What I remember doesn't lead me to think it'll be some grand aging blend. I'm not sure I've ever had the BCA. I was curious if I was missing something.

This situation reminds me of Harley Davidson riders who crinkle their noses at the mention of riding a Honda, but the truth is, a Honda was what they got started on.

Ok bad analogy, because I am not going back to riding a Honda, or smoking Lane 1Q! :lol:

Dutch":l0xwzyz1 said:
This situation reminds me of Harley Davidson riders who crinkle their noses at the mention of riding a Honda, but the truth is, a Honda was what they got started on.

Ok bad analogy, because I am not going back to riding a Honda, or smoking Lane 1Q! :lol:
The bike analogy is generation dependent. My generation got started on Brit bikes back in the late '50s early '60s then moved to the big scooters!! I went from a triumph Tiger Cub to a Sportster and from there to a couple of Beemers to my current /2!! The first Honda I saw was one of their 50cc mo-peds back in '63 ! :twisted: :twisted:

monbla256":r15xkbqn said:
Dutch":r15xkbqn said:

The bike analogy is generation dependent. My generation got started on Brit bikes back in the late '50s early '60s then moved to the big scooters!! I went from a triumph Tiger Cub to a Sportster and from there to a couple of Beemers to my current /2!! The first Honda I saw was one of their 50cc mo-peds back in '63 ! :twisted: :twisted:
Yeah, most folks couldn't afford to buy a Triumph or Enfield though. What Honda did in the 60's, was make an affordable bike that was very dependable, during a time when most Harley riders were afraid to get much more than an hour away from home, for fear of breaking down.

Being an everyday Harley rider back in that era, usually meant having some mechanical skills, and a tool bag on the bike.