Lane's 10 Downing Street

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I'm apparently just about the only one in existence that actually likes this blend because Lane stopped making it a couple of years ago. It wasn't a very popular blend from what I've read, so it can still be found at a few places.

Basically, it's a mild English blend which is light on the Latakia and contains some toasted Cavendish. However, don't mistake it for an aromatic because it's definitely not. It packs very easily, lights with ease and provides a cool, dry smoke with no goop. Definitely an all day blend as it has no bite factor.

Someone needs to go whoop some ass at Lane Ltd.

Boatdock,

I also enjoy it. I've got about a pound or so in a mason jar that I sealed up in (I think?) 2000 and perhaps I need to open it soon? Your description was spot-on, a mild, easy latakia-esk type blend. In some ways, I find it similar to Walnut, but a few steps up in quality. (And Walnut is good; so that particular Southern Gentlemen that feels it his sacred duty to challenge to a duel anyone that questions the sacred honor of (t)his blessed blend doesn't have to come over to Arkansas and kick my butt!) :evil:

Natch

Natch":0r235mgl said:
Boatdock,

I also enjoy it. I've got about a pound or so in a mason jar that I sealed up in (I think?) 2000 and perhaps I need to open it soon? Your description was spot-on, a mild, easy latakia-esk type blend. In some ways, I find it similar to Walnut, but a few steps up in quality. (And Walnut is good; so that particular Southern Gentlemen that feels it his sacred duty to challenge to a duel anyone that questions the sacred honor of (t)his blessed blend doesn't have to come over to Arkansas and kick my butt!) :evil:

Natch
Jeff,

I happen to agree with you on this one in that 10 Downing is similar to Walnut and I use to smoke quite a bit of it. I was able to get in a the local TinderBox and at JR's before it was discontinued. I kind of wish I had put some of it back like you did. It must have been popular around here because it sold out quickly once it was discontinued.

I smoked #10 DS "way back when!" I always enjoyed it. Haven't tried it in years; guess I'm not going to now!! I really regret that so many blends have "gone away." I really miss Punchebowle, BS #759, the original Medal of Honor, the John Cotton series (#1, #2, and #1&#2), DH Standard Mixture Full, to name a few. Oh for the good ol' days!!! FTRPLT