lane's 1q vs bca vs rlp-6

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrtaster

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
well, before spending $25+ to buy a small amount of each, i thought i'd ask those of you who have smoked all three which do you prefer?
looking for comparisons of depth of taste (all seem to be, roughly speaking, vanilla-flavored), sweetness, lack of bite, lack of goopiness, tendency to heavily ghost a pipe, and general smokeability.
tobaccoreviews.com is only partly helpful because only a few reviewers have compared one against the others.
i'm also somewhat confused because 1q ( virginia (?) cavendish which contains no burley) has been compared to rlp-6, which apparently is well laced with burley.
a long time ago i vaguely remember trying someone's version of bca and just as vaguely remembering liking it.
i've never smoked captain black, so comparisons to it won't ring a bell.
thanks for any and all thoughts.
jrtaster/john

It's hard to go wrong with 1Q. Lane's BCA is fine when blended with something else, but I would grow tired of it pretty fast just smoking it straight-up (it is very one dimensional).

For an all-day smoke, I prefer an aromatic, and I smoke 1Q on a daily basis, but I mix in a hefty portion of Lane's BCA and Burley Lite. I have never been a big fan of RLP6.