Large Softy Pipe Bits

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ak2000

Reaction score
P&C has been out of these for a while, anyone know where to get some? Seems like they are the only ones that have the large size.

Go to home Depot and fit your bits to tubing they sell by the foot. Comes in clear, black and white. Two bucks will get you twenty or so. You cut to length. Scissors work.

The large heat shrink tubing can also be used just by cutting an inch or so off and heating it up.

Jim

ak2000":aod3iulk said:
Shipped from China, no thanks
It takes a while, but they're likely coming from the same place as anywhere else. Same as pipe nails, clay humidification discs, etc. My guess is they're all coming from China anyway. I know the nails and discs are.

huffelpuff":aod3iulk said:
The large heat shrink tubing can also be used just by cutting an inch or so off and heating it up.
Not likely to be food safe, thus not safe to be exposed to the mouth for any length of time. Call it overcautious, but with other options, why not go a safer route?

Ozark Wizard":aod3iulk said:
Go to home Depot and fit your bits to tubing they sell by the foot. Comes in clear, black and white. Two bucks will get you twenty or so. You cut to length. Scissors work.
That would also be my recommendation if you weren't deadset on the rubber bits. My Home Depots don't sell it by the foot though. Your local hardware store is a good bet for by-the-foot. I mentioned it in the hack thread.
http://brothersofbriar.forumotion.com/t36798-not-made-for-pipes-and-tobacco-hacks-reappropriation

Zeno Marx":7zozfqqt said:
ak2000":7zozfqqt said:
It takes a while, but they're likely coming from the same place as anywhere else.  Same as pipe nails, clay humidification discs, etc.  My guess is they're all coming from China anyway.  I know the nails and discs
Do you have a seller recommendation? There are hundreds of listings and virtually no way to determine who's are quality.

ak2000":5k2wnrev said:
Zeno Marx":5k2wnrev said:
ak2000":5k2wnrev said:
It takes a while, but they're likely coming from the same place as anywhere else.  Same as pipe nails, clay humidification discs, etc.  My guess is they're all coming from China anyway.  I know the nails and discs
Do you have a seller recommendation? There are hundreds of listings and virtually no way to determine who's are quality.
I do not. Sorry. I can say that I've ordered tens and tens of items directly from China/Hong Kong/etc on eBay and never had a problem with the items or their customer service. Matter of fact, I did have an item that *I thought* was lost in the mail show up after the Chinese seller had sent another one. They were quick to work with me and make me happy, and it was over a $2 SIPIK SK68 flashlight. Just my experience, and I'm certain some have had nightmare experiences as well. It's all covered by either paypal and/or my credit card company.

In other words, I wouldn't be too concerned with which vendor.

I mean really...90% of the crap we bring into the house is made in China anyway. Not by choice. Merely a fact of our world. It's great to support our retailers, but if they can't bother to keep things in stock, they force us to go direct as another option.

ak2000":gwsiioq1 said:
Corncobcon":gwsiioq1 said:
ak2000":gwsiioq1 said:
Corncobcon":gwsiioq1 said:
Try Boswellpipes.com  It looks like they have them in stock.
The large ones?
Kind of hard to tell, but I think so.
Looks like the regular one to me.
Judging by the size of most Boswell pipes, they'd be fools to offer anything but large ones. Just sayin'.