Larrysson - Flared Rim Sitter

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Briar Spirit

Reaction score
My dear friend Paul from Larrysson Pipes sent me a message a while back saying he was getting a little package together for me and that he would be sending it off to me 'soon'. Now, Paul said he would get a stummel and stem part finished for me to finish off some time back and I thought it was going to be that, oh how little I knew.

Paul knows that I have been enamoured of his Tree Trunk Pipes for a good long while now but of course they are cost prohibitive for me to even consider making purchase of one. Of course a business man cannot ever afford to simply give such an expensive pipe away, friend or not it is simply not something either party in a friendship ever considers. Yet, I am reminded of the time when Paul came up to our home from Cornwall and we discussed his pipes and Paul did half heartedly suggest he could make one for me as a gift. Well of course I half heartedly agreed that would be marvellous and we have mentioned it a couple of times since but not in any really serious sense, I mean, it's not like we're talking about a basket pipe here!

Words cannot express how ecstatic I am right now, Paul's package arrived this morning and amongst some other pipes which I shall tell you about in other topics, there was this magnificent Flared Rim Sitter.....

IMG_1854_zps1e6a8e9b.jpg

I have been holding it and marvelling at how fantastic this pipe is on and off (more on than off in truth) since discovering it in Paul's package. I am sore tempted to fill the bowl with some of that wonderful Scottish Cake that Ally sent me to see how she handles. Yet a part of me doesn't want to damage this absolutely fabulous work of art by smoking it, this is not the sort of pipe I would ever be able to replace if it got damaged, but it was made for smoking, oh the agony of it all.

Thank you so very much Paul, you have made me a VERY happy man indeed, so wonderfully kind of you my dear friend.

What generous gesture from an obviously phillanthropic gentleman. Smoke it in good health, Kirk! Glad to hear that this world is still full of people ready to give of themselves to others.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Holy effing wow! What a gift! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Kirk, enjoy your well-deserved kindness in pipe-form! Paul's a hell of a guy, it seems.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

:face:

Enjoy your fantastic gift!! That is a stunning looker and if it were mine, it would be a sit down , after dinner sort of smoker so that I could enjoy the pleasure I'm sure it will bring :p

What a cool pipe, and generous gesture!
Those sell out immediately, so lucky!

What an awesome pipe ! What a wonderful friend he must be!

Kirk, that rustication style really sets of the overall shape of the pipe, which is no doubt very organic.

Congrats on a fine addition to your collection brother! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Awww shoot, you guys are so nice to me here I seriously could weep for a spell, thanks guys.

Excuse the copy and paste but time is not my friend today.

I have taken the plunge and had my first bowl in this magnificent pipe, I treated myself to a bowl of Scottish Cake, many thanks Ally. ;)

I really don't know where to start with expressing how amazingly this pipe smokes, even the charring light tasted so good I had to check I was smoking and not day-dreaming. As I progressed through the bowl I was stunned by how amazing this tobacco tasted in this pipe, none of my pipes grant me such a full and delicious flavour from this tobacco as this one does. Every single sip was sublime, the pipe feels amazing in the hand and seeing the spectacular plateaux on the rim as I smoked was a seriously amazing experience. I mean this pipe performs every bit how I thought such a pipe would and more so, my soul regret is that I am not able to look at a pipe rack at home filled to the brim with Larrysson pipes and a shelf filled to the brim with Scottish Cake, what a fantastic experience, my deepest heartfelt thanks to both Paul for the wonderful pipe and to Ally for the delicious tobacco, I am a very content man right now.

Here I am smoking my Larrysson pipe (I so wish you could all share what I just experienced, sublime doesn't say it strongly enough)
BriarLarryssonPipe_zps23ace225.jpg

Fantastic thread! Congratulations Kirk! :cheers: :cheers:

Fraternally

Jers