Lasse Skovgaard Jorgensen

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhuggett

Reaction score
I've been looking at Lasse's pipes for about a year now. I'm not 100% sure why but I just love his designs. The seem classically Danish but with just the right flare. I haven't purchased any of them yet though and was wondering if any of you have. If so, what do you think of the quality?

I understand what you are saying, Jason. I really like Lasse's pipes. He is a young carver and maybe that has something to do with his flair. (Not to mention he has had some great teachers.) His pipes are categorically Danish, but with that almost unnamable quality that you mention.

Go ahead and get one and give us all a review on it. :lol:

I think CP had/has a Skovgaard or two. You might email him.

showme

I've handled a few, had several opportunities to buy. They are gorgeous and I'd love to have one, just haven't come across the one that rang my bell yet, but I'm sure that will happen.

Why do you need to justify it? The pipe will last your lifetime and the lifetime of the next 3 generations! That's quite a bit of value for the price.

Just buy the dang thing!

You are right Joel but I'm awfully fickle when it comes to some things. I've looked at a pipe for months and then I'll loose interest or it shift to something else. Hell at one point I had a hard time justifying paying over $100 for a pipe. I only have like 15 pipes and most range 100-150 so that's a big jump. :lol:

I've owned a few and currently have 2, the reason I got rid of the one I did was just because it didn't take to Virginia blends and smoked Latakia blends better, my preferences being the former not the latter made it an easy decision: sell the pipe and replace it with a pipe that smokes what I like:)

He is a talented carver with a great future ahead of him.

I think his blasts are a great value, that bamboo is kind of steep but definitely not unworthy. It's probably one of the most expensive Lasse's you'll currently find.

You can compare it to other high end makers in that price range, speculate as to the value of his work relative to the work of his peers, etc, but in the end if you really love it, then you should if you can. I don't think it's astronomically out it's element price-wise. Steep yes, top of his range, yes, too much, I don't think so.

Hello Guys,

I can attest to the quality and workmanship of Lasse's pipes. I too, admired them for quite some time. I was able to handle a few at a NY Show over the last two years and after seeing them I bit the bullet and made a purchase. I was very pleased. I am never one to act too hastily on purchasing from a new pipe maker but a few of Lasse's shapes really "rang my bell"! I now own five of Lasse's pipes. I smoke latakia blends out of them so I cannot comment on how they fare on Virginia blends.

I don't think you will be disappointed by purchasing one. That bamboo shanked pipe is a beauty and I agree, it will last a lifetime and 3 more. It is well worth the investment.

Stay Well and Happy Smoking,

Lou, NY