last night's smoke

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

somedumbjerk

Reaction score
yqtSUM9.png

Gurkha Shaggy Lancero paired with a nice rye. i really liked this cigar. tons of flavor, good burn, about a two hour smoke! the flavor changed throughout the smoke. lots of pepper, to little pepper, back to peppery at the end. the nicotine level was great, lots of smoke with a good mouthfeel.

Cannot go wrong with a good cigar and rye pairing! I've been sampling a lot of local rye lately, and I have to say, it is one of the better drinks while smoking either pipes or cigars. I find scotch and bourbon to almost over power the smoke, where rye offers a nice light flavor that is not impeding.

Northern Neil":dg7loq0u said:
Cannot go wrong with a good cigar and rye pairing! I've been sampling a lot of local rye lately, and I have to say, it is one of the better drinks while smoking either pipes or cigars. I find scotch and bourbon to almost over power the smoke, where rye offers a nice light flavor that is not impeding.
agreed. if you can find the john jacobs, it's like a mix between rye and bourbon. one of my favorites to pair with tobacco. also redemption high rye bourbon. the redemption is more bourbon, the JJ is more rye.

Nice. I've never had luck with Gurkah but I do love me some brown liquor! Drank some Woodford "Double Oaked" last night, rather good stuff.

Nice Jeb. Haven't had the John Jacob, but I do enjoy a good rye. Whistle Pig is a nice one & I do like Masterson's as well.

Now for pairing with a good cigar, to my taster nothing beats a Spanish brandy from the Jerez region. The combination is just pure magic.  :face: 

DrumsAndBeer":xz6lmln5 said:
Nice Jeb. Haven't had the John Jacob, but I do enjoy a good rye. Whistle Pig is a nice one & I do like Masterson's as well.

Now for pairing with a good cigar, to my taster nothing beats a Spanish brandy from the Jerez region. The combination is just pure magic.  :face:     
you know, i've never had brandy. Whistle pig is my favorite. it's a little pricey for a go to rye though ($75). the JJ was $40 and the redemption is around the same.

I've heard great things about Whistle Pig. Last time I was in the US, Manhattan specifically, I wanted to try some, but was never able to locate any. Going to have to keep an eye out for this stuff next time I'm below the 49th parallel.