Latakia, FMOTT and good friends

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 2027

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
So there was another new convert to pipe smoking that talked my head off at the local B&M. We discussed blends, pipes, you name it, including blends long gone. He was of course interested in that and I explained the stupid prices you would have to pay to get some unobtainum.

I decided last week to share one such unobtainum with the mostly new pipe crew at the B&M and told them to be there Wednesday night for a surprise. I brought in one of my few remaining tins of Frog Morton on the Town.

Now I started out smoking London Mixture and Nightcap in the late 90's and moved into the Frog Morton series in early 2000's and pretty much was my mainstay. Last year when I picked up the pipe again I didn't seem to have a taste for latakia. Now I'm thinking it is because of the difference between Syrian and Cyprian latakia. The FMOTT was like an old friend stopping by for a visit and chatting the night away. Thick, beautiful smoke seem to pull out the old memories.

The other new pipe smokers were wow'd and lamented they wish it was still available. Me too . . . me too . . .

I think I have 1 tin of frog Morton anyting left maybe half a tin I know how you feel

Love dat Frog Morton!!! I told myself a year or so ago that I had socked away too much of it over the years. Now I'm happy I did :D :D Only one I don't have is the "staved" version; I'll survive without it!! :cheers: FTRPLT

That blend sounds like one I might have to seek out and try. I don't have any Frog Morton...yet.

I hear ya. I'm down to about 3 bowls of FM, and the same for FM OTB. I'll miss it also when it's gone. But in the meantime, I have soooooo much lat blends that it will be a long time before I have to hit up the FM!

Jarred up FMOTT of what was left from last night. Smoking last bowl now of a FM tin I found when took inventory last weekend. *sigh*