Latakia... must be the season

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slow Puffs

Reaction score
Usually I smoke my light latakia blends in the vehicle while driving. Quite unintentionally, I noticed I'm beginning to smoke latakia blends at home.

I just opened Black Frigate, but I noticed I've been dipping into my SOTE and Penzance jars. Is this a fitting the profile of seasonal changes in blend preferences?

Welcome to the Dark-Side of the Force!! You have been entranced by the all powerful Master Latweed and lured into the ways of SOTE, Penzance, Engine #99, Westminster, Bill Bailey's Balkan, & Balkan Sasieni; not to mention the evil Frog Morton in all his addictive variations!!!!

Welcome "Smoki-Wan Slow Puffs!" FTRPLT (as he goes out the door to fire up a big bowl of FMATP!!!!!)

Must agree. I've been on a primarily Va trend for a couple of years now, and all of a sudden this fall I'm smoking as much latakia blends as Va's. The Uhle's blends have my attention at present, especially Bishop's Move and #71.

Natch

for whatever reason, i lean more towards the english/balkan blends when the weather cools down-i've been enjoying EMP & red raparee a lot lately

I almost bought a tin of Balkan Sasieni the last time I was at JR's. To my knowledge it only comes in the 50g tins now. I used to smoke quite a bit of it along with SOTE. I don't know, I haven't had the urge for heavy Lat in a long time.

'Tis a seasonal thing with me as well. As it gets cooler, I like stronger flavors and I smoke a lot less when it's hot.