Latakia shortage?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 2027

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
So to add the tobacco apocalypse I see an email from P&C saying McClelland is running out of their stock of latakia?

Any confirmation this is an industry wide problem?

First FDA, then Dunhill dropping pipe and cigar business and now a latakia shortage? Feels like the four horseman are running down my street.

Syrian? No big deal for me. Didn't date the lady for long enough. :bounce:

A quick question from the noob.

Does this mean that the Frog Morton Blends will be impacted?

I'm not sure whether they have Syrian or Cyprian Latakia?

Frog Morton uses Cyprian Latakia. But you need to stock up on this blend if you really enjoy it. This is one of those blends that's DOOMED by the FDA regulations that will most likely kick in February 2018.
Stock up now, good luck.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Just found this online: copy and paste

McClelland Frog Morton. THE ORIGINAL FROG MORTON
Ratings77
Write a Review
Share:  
​Frog Morton is one of McClelland's most popular Latakia-based blends, and its singular composition sets it apart from the competition. At its heart, the star of the show is rich, smoky Cyprian Latakia. The blend also stays away from the usual addition of Orientals and is completed simply with McClelland's fine Virginias, but what makes is so different is a subtle, but complementary top note that ties everything together harmoniously.
THE FROG MORTON ACROSS THE POND DOES USE SYRIAN LATAKIA
FROG MORTON ON THE TOWN JUST STATES LATAKIA

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

GeoffC":6gnc2hsw said:
So to add the tobacco apocalypse I see an email from P&C saying McClelland is running out of their stock of latakia?  

Any confirmation this is an industry wide problem?

First FDA, then Dunhill dropping pipe and cigar business and now a latakia shortage?   Feels like the four horseman are running down my street.
Excuse me but have you heard about Assad, the Russians and the nearly 500,000 people who have died in Syria these past 5 years? The Syrians stopped growing Latakia and many other crops since the civil war began almost a decade ago !! :twisted: :twisted: