Layout changes?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm, perhaps a bit now that you mention it.  Icons are different above too.

It's the usual "... it ain't broke, so we'll FIX it " or a new geek came on board at the Runboard site and they are "proving they can do something to "improve" things :twisted: :twisted:

May be a PHPBB code update. You gotta keep on them or the hackers will get you. They target boards like this a lot. It's the standard PHPBB layout with colors changed.

I do wish they'd break up the logo at the top. Maybe float the BoB part left and the "Community of Pipe Smokers" on the right and ditch the big pipe photo. When I check the site from work I have to scurry to scroll past the logo. Judgmental eyes are always looking over shoulders in cubicles... "you know, tobacco is a dirty habit"

It's difficult to hide the giant pipe among a dozen other windows. It stands out. :)

"If it ain't broke, better fiddle with it some more." :suspect:

Yes, at some point the system was updated this afternoon. They seem to make improvements from time to time without giving us a heads up. There's only been one report of someone having trouble so far. Something weird with the editing quotes. 

Let a mod or admin know if you're having any troubles with the updated format.

Just rebooted and still don't have a cursor. Cannot go back and change words or correct spelling.
Quote feature doesn't work either. cannot deleteanything.

See what i mean above?Cannot capitalize when i want to change.

???

Brew, are you a member on any other forums? Might be worth a try to see if you have the same issues editing posts there. If you do, it's probably your computer. If not, you'll know there's something incompatible with the new updates. 

Give it a shot.

MisterE":lvo88ioj said:
Brew, are you September on any forums?be worth try to see if you the same issues editing posts If you do, it's probablycomputer. If not, you'll knoe something incomputable with the new upshot.

Quote and cursor work ok on IPad. Starting to type robotically, however.
Can't stop, does not compute... Does not compute...

Harlock999":oh6so4dq said:
MisterE":oh6so4dq said:
Brew, are you September on any forums?be worth try to see if you the same issues editing posts If you do, it's probablycomputer. If not, you'll knoe something incomputable with the new upshot.

Quote and cursor work ok on IPad. Starting to type robotically, however.
Can't stop, does not compute... Does not compute...

LOL! Looks like the auto correct feature is working up to iStandards!

:lol!:

Hereward":ws1y6b6e said:
May be a PHPBB code update. You gotta keep on them or the hackers will get you. They target boards like this a lot. It's the standard PHPBB layout with colors changed.

I do wish they'd break up the logo at the top. Maybe float the BoB part left and the "Community of Pipe Smokers" on the right and ditch the big pipe photo. When I check the site from work I have to scurry to scroll past the logo. Judgmental eyes are always looking over shoulders in cubicles... "you know, tobacco is a dirty habit"

It's difficult to hide the giant pipe among a dozen other windows. It stands out. :)

Don't mess with our Kiwi, just so you can slack off at work.  :evil:

A quick note for anyone who used this feature previously, I noticed earlier that if you type something up and go back to read something or go forward to search something in the same window/tab that if you come back to the post a reply page your text wasn't saved.

Could be going crazy but I swear if you went forward or back previously that any text you had put in on the post a reply page was still there.

Dunno if this holds true for other browsers/operating systems, I use Google Chrome. Figured I'd just mention it and maybe save someone from losing a typed out reply.

I like the new editor, although it could be altered through css to better suit the layout mind.

Changing the background colour of div.sceditor-group to #F1EBDB looks much better, anyone on FF can try it out using firebug. :bounce:

I have wondered why BoB doesn't have its own server account.  I have one and pay a whopping $3.95/mo.  You can install forum software via a script and if this free site allows backup, you could import all the current postings, setup, etc.  Then, the admins here would have total control of updates, design, etc.

http://www.upperhost.com/   provides a review of the better hosting sites.

:no:

Posting stuff now is like writing a message on the back of a postage stamp. Claustrophobic.

It stinks and I hate it.

:face:

The only thing in life that remains the same is constant change.

It's a little cluttered, the text box footprint is a bit small.

I was okay with the way it was, but what am I gonna do if it stays like this, rage quit? 

:lol:

Out of curiosity, why the change?

Kyle, there are a couple of things I do miss having here.
  • Threaded posts
  • Mark all Read

I think the quote setup is a bit over the top.

Including various graphics is an ongoing challenge for many.

But, the real allure here is community and not the software.  So, I can live with it and avoid rage.

:scratch:  I'm still getting threaded posts, and I can mark read the sections or whole forum I like I did before... if those went away, I'd protest.   :lol:

But yeah, I'm not into the new text box, toolbars, etc.   Since I type out my :smilies: anyway, having memorized the ones I like, :fpalm:, I don't need the menu off to the left.   I suppose I could have fun with the right-justify feature, indexing, or even the World of Warcraft button (whatever that does...).

What the hell, Huggie?   Stop it!  :lol: