Le Petit Robin - Semois Blend

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Eval'd. as a MYO cigarette using Zen king size full flavor tubes (red). This tobacco is perhaps the "very most" in two ways. First, it surely is the finest shag I've ever seen (handles being stuffed into a tube very well). Second, it is likely the most expensive blend I've ever purchased at $25 per 3.5 oz package. That's over $100/lb.! Yikes! Is it worth it? Well, in a way. It's not going to be an everyday smoke for me. It's special occasion stuff for sure. But it IS very, very good as a cigarette. For those that have never indulged in pipe tobacco cigs...note that blends that are super light and even boring in a pipe come alive smoked as a cig. Stokkebye Turkish, Norwegian & Amsterdam come to mind. As does Gawith Kendal Gold. Then there is perhaps the premier blends, Daughter & Ryan...esp. 3 Sails. I use a Powermatic Mini injector to stuff tubes and it does a magnificent job though it's one of the lowest cost machines out there at $17. Built like a tank. But back to the Petit Robin. It's notable as has been described in that it is the only Semois BLEND, using 30% Semois. It has a very distinctive cocoa burley lightly floral note. Very fine indeed. It stuffs well as it comes in the pack once it is pulled apart and fluffed to an even consistency. I can't recommend this as a pipe blend as I've never smoked it that way. But as a cigarette tobacco ( and let me testify that the hobbyist injector machines put out a "small cigar" that is so vastly superior to any over the counter smoke they may as well be from another planet...they're that good) this stuff is crazy wonderful.

http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/10831/tabac-manil-le-petit-robin

https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipe-tobacco/Tabac-Manil/Le-Petit-Robin-100g/product_id/216798

I've been curious about all those offerings from Semois, but not enough to jump. It'd be nice if they offered smaller containers..