Leaving Feedback in the BBBB

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc Manhattan

Reaction score
This area is to offer public feedback on trades and sales in the Trading Post. A few guidelines:

0. This is not just for negative feedback. Share your good experiences. That's most of them, I think. :D

1. You must use the topic for the name of the user you're reviewing.
a. Check first if there's already a topic for that user. If so, use the existing one by replying. (I can merge topics if you accidentally duplicate, but try not to.)
b. If there's no topic for the user, create one using only user's name. No shorthand or nicknames. No editorializing in the title.

2. Please wait to post until as specific transaction has either:
a. Been completed.
b. Gone two weeks without meaningful action by the other party.
c. If you aren't discussing a specific transaction, please don't post. Opining on others' transactions would be confusing and unfair.

3. Do not complain about the following:
a. A trade you were not involved in--"involved" meaning you sent something to the other party besides words. (That means no "Sorry bro, that sucks" posts. If this topic is going to be useful, it's got to be feedback only.)
b. Price you paid. (That's a problem you can avoid by not buying at a price you don't like.)
c. Unsuccessful trade offers.
d. Unsuccessful money offers. (Best Offer terms are not allowed anyway, remember? If a would-be customer is harrassing you with money offers, talk to a moderator.)
e. Goods delivered as advertised that you just didn't like. Such is life.

4. On the rare occasion something went bad with a deal, be specific. Outside of real fraud, there is a subjective aspect to many complaints: "too late," "not as picture/described," etc. Calling someone a Very Bad Person is much less helpful than clearly saying "I paid on X date and waited until Y date to receive the package." Pictures are a big help, too.

5. On the flipside of this, if someone is specifically critical of your transaction, be a grownup about it. Postmarks, receipts, and delivery confirmation data don't lie. Best practices will avoid specific complaints every time.

6. Noncompliant or factually incorrect posts will be removed.

Last, AS ALWAYS, the BoB does not warrant any post nor transaction in the Trading Post, so caveat emptor. This topic is here to help you caveat but it is not fail-safe.

P.S. I have moved the old feedback stickynote from the Post to here. It is locked, but feel free to copy and paste your old commentary in the appropriate format.

Status
Not open for further replies.