Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Harlock. Believe it or not, I only paid $71 for that Rhodesian! :)

This one is probably my most unique Moretti, and the only one I have with a cumberland stem.....

DSC00233.jpg

Another Dublin, this one rusticated with a tortoise stem.....

DSC00234.jpg

A large capacity thick walled rusticated cutty.....

DSC00235.jpg

A 1/4 bent, thick walled rusticated billiard.....

DSC00237.jpg

Dutch thanks for sharing your secret pipe maker with us. I love it an hate it. Love the pipes, hate that I now have another place to blow money way too easily.

DP, Marco seems to be a perfectionist in making his fine Italian briars. If you decide to purchase one, I believe you will be very pleased with the pipe vs. money spent.

Here is another of my favorites. A rusticated nosewarmer I have dedicated to Latikia blends.....

DSC00248.jpg

DSC00249.jpg

Thanks to this thread, I may have accidentally bought a Moretti pipe. Ooops.

Fantastic collection Dutch! :cheers: :cheers:

I've really enjoyed reading this thread - thanks for sharing.

Fraternally

Jers

I am so glad I saw this thread. Following your lead, I bought myself a Moretti pipe off eBay. You definitely get a lot of bang for your buck with these pipes. I bought this little smooth bent free form pipe. Feels good in the hand and off the lip with nice stout walls. Can't wait to give this pipe a test run.
342efe41b6847402788c49ad73cfbf76.jpg

9d7e1c39cefb6c441f17d25902b9d1fa.jpg

Thanks for the comments and pics guys! Here is a super lightweight deep bowled rusticated plateau briar Moretti I managed to score a couple weeks ago. With a winning bid of only $81, I am excited indeed.....

DSC00252.jpg

DSC00253.jpg

Check out this commissioned snail pipe with a military style bit, that Marco carved this week.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iD9loXXFyjg" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Most recent acquisition, a smooth spiral. I plan on dedicating this one to Hal O' The Wind, and see how she smokes.....

DSC00263.jpg

DSC00264.jpg

Crikey...congratulations Dutch! That's quite a bevy o' briar you've got there...Marco must chuffed! :lol: That cumberland apple's especially pretty, innit? And I couldn't agree with you more 'bout the draw of a nosewarmer. Good stuff, all 'round! Thanks for posting.

My latest acquisition, a 5.5 inch fantastic tomato magnum. Even though she weighs in at 134 g, she is still stubby enough to be a great clencher without jaw fatigue.....

DSC00265.jpg

DSC00266.jpg

That is an absolute beauty of a pipe Dutch - congratulations! :cheers: :cheers:

Fraternally

Jers

Thanks Jers! Here is my first Moretti magnum horn I scored last week, and was delivered today. I think I am going to dedicate this pipe to Squadron Leader, since it has an ample bowl. The drilling, fit, and finish on this one is fantastic!

DSC00276.jpg

DSC00278.jpg

DSC00279.jpg

Dutch, have you ever seen a Canadian done by Moretti? Looking at the Cuttys I got to thinking about a longshank pipe with the canted bowl. That would look cool I think.

Eric, Marco makes Canadian's and Lovat's on a regular basis, but I have never seen a Canadian cutty. Marco has offered to make me a comissioned pipe anytime I want. I have even heard him say that he is happy to do custom bowl dimensions if someone want's something particular. I am sure you can ask for just about anything you want, all the way up to super straight grains with zero sand pits if you desired. I think briar perfection is mostly the difference in his high grade pipes and his moderately priced pieces. You can email him at-

[email protected]

Thanks man. I was checking his webpage out but didn't see a long shank Cutty in there. His extra long pipes come pretty close though. The dude's a craftsman for sure.