Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure he could carve out something like this fairly easily.....

wilke_cutty.jpg

Awesome collection Dutch!
You've been a Moretti man since day one, and I admire that type of brand loyalty.
Happy smoking :)

Chris, it's really hard to beat what you get for your money when doing business with Marco. I have yet to buy a pipe from him that I was not extremely happy with. :D

Dutch":3vbrl6gn said:
Chris, it's really hard to beat what you get for your money when doing business with Marco. I have yet to buy a pipe from him that I was not extremely happy with. :D
Cheers to that, brother!
I came close to winning an auction for a poker recently, but "close" didn't quite buy it.
Soon though... 8)

Dutch, the finish on your new Horn pipe is outstanding - congratulations! :cheers: :cheers:

I'm definitely going to acquire a Moretti myself (so many pipes, so little time). I nearly went for a Lumberman that sold a few days ago. He puts a really beautiful finish on his pipes.

Fraternally

Jers

I don't own any myself Dutch but you have some real beauties right there, this horn is stunning, you must be very proud of owning that stunner, more power to you. :)

Dutch":npfzry9g said:
This little horn shaped Moretti is very lightweight, and makes a great clencher.....

DSC00223.jpg

Jers, I am breaking in the magnum horn right now with some Squadron Leader, and it is smoking great!

Kirk, that little horn is an awesome flake pipe. I have really enjoyed smoking it!

Thanks for all the compliments guys! 8)

Dutch you have me addicted. Here is my second and latest Moretti:

P1030842_zps5d020670.jpg

P1030843_zpsd50d641f.jpg

P1030844_zps82a191e1.jpg

Dan, that is a fine looking poker you scored, congrats! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I rarely bid on Marco's pokers, not because I don't enjoy smoking pokers, but because I don't like the way they fit in my wall pipe racks, and my shelf and table space is very tight right now. Maybe if I were to invest in a small wall shelf, I might be able to create some suitable space for a few more sitters in my collection.

I just scored a smooth straight grain rhodesian at the beginning of the week that weighs in at 53 g. I will post up a few pics as soon as she arrives

dpkrause":tq6xfpy9 said:
Dutch you have me addicted. Here is my second and latest Moretti:

P1030842_zps5d020670.jpg
Stunner! Beautiful grain & finish - congratulations! :cheers: :cheers:

Fraternally

Jers

Here is the Rhodesian that just arrived 3 days ago, an outstanding example of Marco's work, and ideal for clenching.

Notice the interior of the bowl. Marco always leaves his bores with very slight tool marks, which makes building a thin protective layer of cake much easier. For a grand total of $104.12 USD including shipping, this kind of quality is a fantastic bargain in todays pipe market.

DSC00280.jpg

DSC00281.jpg

Here's a Moretti Dutch, Just picked it up today...

My Girlfriend are two hours away from where we live on a small vacation, and I found a tobacconist, and some antique shops. Lot of fun. The guys at the antique shops had no idea what-so-ever about pipes, and the guys at the Tobacconist where answering all my questions. I even bought a Makers Mark Cigar a small twist cigar punch, and at the antique shop, I bought an old Gem Micro Matic single bladed razor. I've had fun today.
Zach

Hey-Suess Maria, that bowl looks like it could hold 2 oz of 'baccy weed easily!

Is it just the camera angle or is it really that large??

:affraid:

Cheers,

RR

GuitarMyFriend":avlzsai7 said:

My Girlfriend are two hours away from where we live on a small vacation, and I found a tobacconist, and some antique shops. Lot of fun. The guys at the antique shops had no idea what-so-ever about pipes, and the guys at the Tobacconist where answering all my questions. I even bought a Makers Mark Cigar a small twist cigar punch, and at the antique shop, I bought an old Gem Micro Matic single bladed razor. I've had fun today.
Zach

I mean when it's extended also... Tamper down, reamer up kinda deal. Just the head of the reamer is showing. My middle finger doesn't even touch the bottom!!!
Zach

GuitarMyFriend":7ij82tvy said:

Zach

Very cool Zach! That would be an ideal piece of briar for a faster burning cigar blend like Billy Budd by C&D. Being a smooth finish and such a large Oom Paul style pipe, that one would be worth about twice what the average clencher would sell for.

I just saw Marco sell a very large Oom Paul style rusticated version that went for $373.00 including shipping, so the larger bowled pipes are certainly highly sought after. Congrats on a very cool score! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: