Let's see your smoking chair

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hobie1dog

Reaction score
My Grandfather had a chair that was the epitome of comfortable, that he always sat in and smoked his pipes with. I inherited it, but later during a move, it found a new home. :cry:

This is the chair I'm saving up for. I tried one out at a local stereo shop last year, and I just melted into it. Made by Stressless Co. Comes in 3 sizes of width to provide a more custom fit.

reno_Limage3.jpg

So show me your favorite smoking chair.

Here's the chair I wish would fit into my tiny smoking room...

4586015175_f525fe68c9.jpg

...and here's the chair that I actually do all my smoking in.

4727596114_a6505a8d60.jpg

For a free, secondhand office chair, I can't really complain... it's pretty comfy. But it would be a real treat to kick back with the lounge and ottoman, which lnaguish down in the living room.

Doc Manhattan":raua0dvr said:
Here's the chair I wish would fit into my tiny smoking room...

4586015175_f525fe68c9.jpg

...and here's the chair that I actually do all my smoking in.

4727596114_a6505a8d60.jpg

For a free, secondhand office chair, I can't really complain... it's pretty comfy. But it would be a real treat to kick back with the lounge and ottoman, which lnaguish down in the living room.
Boy, talk about a big difference in chairs. Like a Pinto and a Aston Martin comparison :shock:

Hobie, those Stressless chairs are amazing! My grandfather has the Kensington and I never want to get up once I'm in it! :sleep:

Man, a poor man is gonna have to keep his stress. The lower end on those Stressless chairs starts at $1200 and goes to more that 3K. Ouch! :shock:

TallSmoke":2ailnhew said:
Man, a poor man is gonna have to keep his stress. The lower end on those Stressless chairs starts at $1200 and goes to more that 3K. Ouch! :shock:
The reduced stress in your life will pay for the chair easily....no stress related heart attacks, strokes, Valium, Zoloft... ;)

I prefer this one, especially when it comes adorned as in the photo:

But every time my wife catches me looking at it, and every time I talk about trying it on for size, she talks about getting me this one:

Puff Daddy":vvqg3nuu said:
I prefer this one, especially when it comes adorned as in the photo:

But every time my wife catches me looking at it, and every time I talk about trying it on for size, she talks about getting me this one:

:lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

all I know is that it is winking at me from behind.

The other Stressless Chair is the Savannah model
StresslessSavannah.jpg

Bump ... I'd like to see some more smoking chairs!

I'm gearing up to retrieve on of my grandpa's old chairs and clean it up to turn into my smoking chair. I'll post pics once it's obtained and in presentable condition. :)

Hermit":19ps5ubt said:
Well that's a much better picture of a guitar than a chair.
This is a chair thread, dammit! :twisted:
Yeah, but that is a gorgeous guitar! Love that clear pick-guard and the symmetrical top.