Lets Talk Boswell

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A couple of darn fine pipes you have there Dutch. The rustication on the second one is awesome.

kaiser83":wxr3owue said:
A couple of darn fine pipes you have there Dutch. The rustication on the second one is awesome.
Thanks for the compliment Kai. J.M. has several different styles of rustication. One type he does with a chisel, and another I have is called a weathered stone finish.

Here is a pic of my 3rd Boswell, a volcano, with a funnel shaped bowl.....

DSC00150.jpg

Here's my latest Boswell. A joint effort between J.M. and Dan. J.M. built the pipe, and Dan finished out the rustication. I may never smoke this pipe, as it is signed by both, and I anticipate it being a collectors item twenty years from now.

DSC00151.jpg

DSC00152.jpg

Dutch":j4vnyzhx said:
Here's my latest Boswell. A joint effort between J.M. and Dan. J.M. built the pipe, and Dan finished out the rustication. I may never smoke this pipe, as it is signed by both, and I anticipate it being a collectors item twenty years from now.

DSC00151.jpg

DSC00152.jpg
Huh?

That just begs to be smoked Dutch.

If you don't want to do the deed just send it to me!

:drunken:

Cheers,

RR

RR, I know it is crazy to some, but when I buy a pipe unsmoked, most of them go into my unsmoked rack and stay that way. On my birthday, I will usually select an unsmoked pipe to smoke. Otherwise, I tend to buy quality estates to smoke. I usuallyfind it difficult to set fire to an unsmoked briar, but I have no problem buying an estate and promptly setting fire to it after a good disinfecting.

Dutch":gsb1pxmt said:
RR, I know it is crazy to some, but when I buy a pipe unsmoked, most of them go into my unsmoked rack and stay that way. On my birthday, I will usually select an unsmoked pipe to smoke. Otherwise, I tend to buy quality estates to smoke. I usuallyfind it difficult to set fire to an unsmoked briar, but I have no problem buying an estate and promptly setting fire to it after a good disinfecting.
I'm the same way!
I have to kind of force myself to use unsmoked pipes...
Sometimes it's a good deterrent to spilling cash on something, as I can tell myself "you're never gonna smoke that!".

Harlock999":zqfmgnpx said:
Dutch":zqfmgnpx said:
I'm the same way!
I have to kind of force myself to use unsmoked pipes...
Sometimes it's a good deterrent to spilling cash on something, as I can tell myself "you're never gonna smoke that!".
Ditto Harlock! When I find myself checking out the high grades, I get all pumped up, and then it hit's me, that it will just sit in the rack. In spite of this, some will make it to the unsmoked rack still! :cheers:

My Secret Santa gifted me four two ounce pouches of Boswell’s aromatics: Boswell’s Best, Piper’s Pleasure, Honey Roast,and Christmas Cookie.

The latter two are excellent by themselves, but I prefer the first two mixed 50/50. Best is a Virginia blend; Pleasure is is a Burley blend. Mix’em for the best of both worlds.

Boswell and Peretti offer the best aromatics IMHO.

Boswell Pipes are great looking and I have four of them. I just about exclusively smoke Bowell English Tobaccos. I was abl to visit them when I was in Pennsylvania in 2011. I was there to visit Gettysburg and other Civil War Battlefields and made it a pint to go to Boswell's.

I saw this as a recently active topic and was shocked to see how long ago it originated. I used to list after their pokers and always dreamed of getting one. I’ve got one Boswell pipe (I’ll have to get pictures sometime). It was a gift and the shape was never my favorite, but it is an amazing smoker! Nice light little clencher.

Edit: the most unimpressive picture y’all will see tonight, but the aforementioned pipe.

Attachments

• D58DFD89-1942-4618-8BF6-660F972874FC.jpeg
    D58DFD89-1942-4618-8BF6-660F972874FC.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited: