Life coming at me fast.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

i.keenum

Reaction score
Don't normally post in life events other that the occasional happy birth day and try and keep it all pipe related, but as of lately it's been coming at me fast if you know what I mean.

Finished moving recently due to unsatisfactory living conditions and got a better place a little bit down the road. In a house instead of an appartment now, moving sucks but one of my friends from the apartment moved a house down for me so that's good.

My step dad was diagnosed with lymphoma and it's been really hard on my mom and younger siblings. He is getting chemo treatment at Oshners in New Orleans and they caught it pretty early. They have been having issues with getting an effective medicine though, doctors say his body keeps processing the poisons out too well before the can be effective so they have had to up the strength several times.

My wife's dad had congestive heart failure about two weeks ago and after having a stint put in he started having colon problems then had to have several feet of intestine removed. He then had a stroke while in the hospital, he is in recovery and hopefully will make a full come back. All the stress from that has caused my wife to start to dilate early and my 2nd one will becoming about a month early. Doctors stated he will be fine he's already 6 pounds but have put her on bed reset till she goes into labor. His due date is 4/15/14 but any day now he'll be here. She hasn't been to work in two weeks so have to wait for pay to switch to maternity leave to get the back pay. Also with the beginning of this year her company dropped all spouses who had full time jobs because they know their companies had the ability to provide insurance due to the new law. My company has good insurance just need to get on it before the 31st.

I make most of the money so not in a financial rough spot but it does cut into my disposable income a little. I'm fine though and as soon as that check comes through we'll be on our normal budget.

Sorry for the depressing posts brothers just needed to get this off my chest. Don't like talking to people about this kind of thing in person, makes me uneasy, so I figured this would be a good place. In a good note I haven't been smoking as much, went from two bowls a day to two a week , and it has really improved the taste and enjoyment of each bowl. Most blends that where meh, now really shine. Enjoyed a bowl of bald headed teacher that was gifted to me a while back and it was ok when I first tried it and was awesome on this morning's dog walk.

Thanks for lending and ear,
Ian Keenum

Wow. That's a lot to go through. I hope things get better. The Lord will never give us more than we can handle. Hope to hear how everything works out.

In England we have a saying that I think describes your situation:
"You wait hours for a bus then 3 come at once!"
Only problem is that it rarely applies to good things  :evil: 
All the best for the future.

Similar stuff happened to us a while back (FIL and MIL were in car accident, broken neck, back, ribs, etc., then his heart went due to recovery stress, and LVAD and heart transplant later, he's feeling pretty good, but it was a long road)...

Glad to hear the prognosis is good, though. Keep your head up and keep grinding.

This too shall pass.

Darn it Ian, you're really going through it Buddy, wish there were something I could do to help, best I can do is to hold you in my thoughts and send out healing vibes your way.  :heart: 

Briar Spirit":2x7u1vhf said:
Darn it Ian, you're really going through it Buddy, wish there were something I could do to help, best I can do is to hold you in my thoughts and send out healing vibes your way.  :heart: 
THIS^^^^^^^^^.

Man, that is a lot of tough stuff to handle all at once. Hoping all of these crises resolve in a way you can be at peace with them.

Keep us posted about the baby! :|

You'll be in my prayers!

Looks like a lot on your plate all at once brother. But also sounds like you have both feet firmly on the ground and are keeping a good attitude about it. That's the main thing. Stay strong for all all your loved ones and be their rock.

Best wishes to you in this trying time.

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":mg8ddkyx said:
Looks like a lot on your plate all at once brother. But also sounds like you have both feet firmly on the ground and are keeping a good attitude about it. That's the main thing. Stay strong for all all your loved ones and be their rock.

Best wishes to you in this trying time.

Cheers,

RR
I gotta agree with BD here sir and, it sounds like your taking it well.
Sometimes were just tested in life and we gotta remember what doesn't kill us only makes us stronger.
That's why I have to put deodorant on 3 times a day. :mrgreen: 

That's a lot to go through, I will keep you and yours in my thoughts/prayers.

Ian, I hope things get better for you right quick. Sometimes these huge life things dump down all at once and it's easy to start feeling like you're on some sort of bad luck streak. Don't though. I was there last year when my mom passed and two months later my wife ended up with a pace-maker at age 41.

I agree with BD, it sounds like you're handling it well and all the best to you.

... not depressing matey. Sometimes it's good to get something off your chest. Thoughts to you bro...

Sounds like your having a tough go Brother. Hang in there Ian, thought's go out to you.
PS I like your new avatar, pretty sharp looking mini me you have there.

Sorry to hear about the ongoing problems there brother! You seem to have things well in hand. Remember that we're here for you if you need to vent.

Jim

Thanks for the support brothers.

The little one wants to be just like me, going to be interesting to see how he take having a little brother in the mix. Any day now he'll be here, doctor said the may induce Thursday! Anxiety is pretting intense. :D 

Hang in there, Ian, it gets better.
If it gets worse, you could always come live in my camper.

alandadp":2urtqo6h said:
In England we have a saying that I think describes your situation:
"You wait hours for a bus then 3 come at once!"
Only problem is that it rarely applies to good things  :evil: 
All the best for the future.
My dad would say "When it rains, it pours."
In my time I've lost (she chucked me) a wife and a house with her. I've lost my father. Take care of yourself. Allow yourself to get the support you need when you need it.

I'm making it through, more emotional stress than financial or physical changes to my life. Good news is it looks like the baby is scheduled for April 1st, wife isn't to thrilled about an April fools baby but I think it's hilarious.  :joker: