Life is ... good/crock pot recipe

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trout Bum

Reaction score
Yesterday: caught 40 ro 50 trout in a snow storm; smoked a Romeo Y Julietta stogie on the way home.
Today: morning coffee, tasty morning pipe. Off to shoot (for the local paper) a dodgeball tourney, a hockey game, a ski race, an art reception at the Arts Center... then go XC skiing with my dog. I shall return to a 10 hour slow cooked crock pot full of lamb shanks... YUM! Life is... kick @$$!

Lamb Shank A La Crock Pot Recipe:

1 can beef broth
1 can diced tomatoes
3 tablespoons of apricot preserves
garlic powder
garlic salt
rosemary
sage
thmye
worcestershire
several dashes of a favorite hot pepper sauce (in this case, Cholula)

Combine all of above; heat on high, stirring, for 7 - 10 minutes; set aside
Lovingly rub shanks with olive oil; add salt and pepper; brown and set aside.

Place prepared onions and carrots on bottom of crock pot; then the shanks; cover with tasty liquid.

Set on low for 10 hours; go play. Return to a savory smell and a memorable meal!

"Lovingly rub shanks with olive oil",

I do that every evening when I'm alone, then I......., oh, you're talking about the lamb shanks, never mind...

:mrgreen:

Natch

OK TB.....just when did the "prepared onions and carrots" get prepared??? :?: OBTW....when you get ready to eat those 40-50 trout; I'll be there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :pipe: FTRPLT

That DOES sound like a fantastic day indeed. Super jealous!

I just stopped in to grab my ski gear and check on the lamb shanks; the whole house smells incredible!

JJPHOTO, you are correct, I left out the veggie prep: cut onions (I like 'em kind big) and carrots to desired size and place in the bottom of the crock pot.

It is 12:30 now; at 6:30 it's gonna be "Suey! SU-SU-SUEY!"

Hey Natch -- I forgot to mention -- GOOD ONE! I l laughed out loud on that one. Time to hit the trail and get some photos of skiers under the Palisades, a series of 400 foot rocky cliffs that line one side of the Gunnison River as it winds through a beautiful meadow. Will post shots...

I'm a huge fan of lamb shank! I remember when you could pick them up at the store for next to nothing, now you'd think they were a prime cut around here. Still worth every penny. Thanks for the new recipe.

40-50? What's the daily limit there? :shock:

LL -- I have no idea what the bag limit is -- I am strictly a catch and release fisherman. I was fishing a small midge pattern (#22 Bar Emerger) trailing about three feet below a red copper john. It was insane-o! At one point, I must have landed 20 trout WITHOUT MOVING MY FEET. They were stacked up in this pool, and I was just railing 'em!

I recall a Canadian fishing trip when the Northern Pike were hitting on almost
every cast,small ones 2-3 lbs.,but an occasional larger one.I was smoking a
Royal Jamaica cigar and remember the thought "It doesn't get any better than
this." :)

Winslow :sunny:

Does anyone know how to remove drool from between the keys on this keyboard? :drool:

Centurian 803":yt8n2ohc said:
Does anyone know how to remove drool from between the keys on this keyboard? :drool:
dust lightly with Walnut,,,,

There is a Filipino mechanic at work........we always ask him what he just put in the
microwave.Hey Paul,is that dog or monkey you're cooking today?
Once he gave us a dog recipie.......first find a medium sized dog the younger the
better,then hit him in the head with a hammer.....and so on. :x

Winslow :sunny:

Natch":pf1kbqi1 said:
"Lovingly rub shanks with olive oil",

I do that every evening when I'm alone, then I......., oh, you're talking about the lamb shanks, never mind...

:mrgreen:

Natch
sorry for the obscure reference but I had to laugh :lol!: