Lighter Flints

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Corona is good. Any brand that's the same as the quality lighter brands, for that matter. The generic and/or discount ones are enough softer that they clog the striker wheels.

The price difference is so small, and a package lasts so long that it doesn't make sense to skimp. Might save you a dollar a year.

I agree, if it's good enough for the manufacturer I would stick with it. I use zippo pipe lighters and use only zippo flints, fluid etc...

I have been using the red Ronson flints without any problems. In fact I just used the last one out of a 10? pack that I purchased probably a year or a little more ago.

I use the Zippo flints also, but for some reason I find that Ronsonol fluid lasts longer in my lighters. Go figure.

Zippo flints and Ronsonol lighter fluid.
+1 on the Ronsonol fluid lasting longer.

LtMac

Buck":su2vmv01 said:
Bill":su2vmv01 said:
Which are the best brand of lighter flints to use?
Flints are flints..end of story.
Actually, no. They aren't chips of stone or metal, but powder that's been glued together under great pressure. The percentage of binder in the cheaper ones is quite a bit higher than the premium ones. Meaning they don't spark as well, and gunk up a lighter's striker faster.

LL":vhimzaag said:
Buck":vhimzaag said:
Bill":vhimzaag said:
Which are the best brand of lighter flints to use?
Flints are flints..end of story.
Actually, no. They aren't chips of stone or metal, but powder that's been glued together under great pressure. The percentage of binder in the cheaper ones is quite a bit higher than the premium ones. Meaning they don't spark as well, and gunk up a lighter's striker faster.
Been at it for 50 years and never had a problem with ANY lighter flint I ever
used. YMMV

Even though it evaporates faster, I'm going to start using only Zippo fluid. After using the last out of a can of Zippo fluid the other day, I replaced it with Ronsonol because like I said, before, I found it lasted longer. What I didn't realize until I made the switch back, was how much lighter fluid taste Ronsonol leaves. The Zippo had no fluid taste at all when lighting up. I guess you do learn something every day!

Don