Like...wow man...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frost

Reaction score
Anyone seen this psychadelic volcano by Bruce Weaver yet? Should be first one on his site under pipes for sale:

http://www.baweaverpipes.com/pipesforsale.html

Clearly a pipe which would appeal to the masses, and especially lovers of the old classic style pipes, right?

Lol...Personally I think it's brilliant and very impressive, and the description is quite amusing. Wish I could afford it :cheers:

i want. so badly.

not sure i like the bottom though, i think a solid color to match the bottom ring would look better.

this is a sweet sweet pipe though

rainbow_vomit_by_panda_P0P.jpg

Looks like a derivative of the gay pride banner.....

This would be the perfect pipe for some GL Pease Blueberry Kush. :afro:

tslots":qcq3srcd said:
This would be the perfect pipe for some GL Pease Blueberry Kush. :afro:
:lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

Wasn't that the blend Bruce was enjoying while making this pipe??

Zeno Marx":p73g6ccy said:
I'm with Gumball on this one.
Oh come on, I admit that some of the pipes are a bit too far out there for my tastes, but the finish on the "Yellowjacket" is awesome...and with stem to match. I'll bet this guy charges a pretty penny for these pipes.

I like designs that are different from the traditional...though not the ones that are way out in left field.

Storm_Crow":8fwtou6q said:
Zeno Marx":8fwtou6q said:
Oh come on, I admit that some of the pipes are a bit too far out there for my tastes, but the finish on the "Yellowjacket" is awesome...and with stem to match. I'll bet this guy charges a pretty penny for these pipes.

I like designs that are different from the traditional...though not the ones that are way out in left field.
specifically meant the el markoed volcano

Zeno Marx":bfogfgf3 said:
Storm_Crow":bfogfgf3 said:
Zeno Marx":bfogfgf3 said:

specifically meant the el markoed volcano
Yea, that Volcano thing is one crazy pipe. If you're already ready to choke the next person to utter "hey whatcha smoking in that thing *wink* *wink*" then the ownership of that pipe may well get you indicted on capital murder charges.

Too much for me, but I certainly chuckled reading his tongue and cheek description.

riff raff":ha15n1i2 said:
Too much for me, but I certainly chuckled reading his tongue and cheek description.
Yes, the lines about his "proprietary new bowl coating" had me in stitches (although I say it would taste a fair shade better than the "dipped" Petes)!

It's good to see someone having fun doing what they love, and not taking things too seriously!
:cheers:

Looks kinda like it came from a scene in Disney's "Fantasia"...with all the paint splashing off the artist's brush and dripping down the screen...or maybe a commercial for Fruit Loops...on so many levels.

I think it's great because it moves us away from the "status quo" concept of pipe making. A blowfish was pretty avant garde at one point. Now it's a standard shape. In other words, creative versus re-creative thinking on what a pipe "should be". Would I buy it? No. But it challenges you whether to take it seriously or not. Obviously the creator considers it serious work by the pricetag on it.

Absolutely correct! Like I said...not derivative. Is it serious work? Of course it is. Its kinda like Andy Warhol or Picasso or Van Gogh...whereas once they were the epitome of cutting edge...they've been passed by legions of newer artists and the like. And whereas Vincent once traded a painting for a loaf of bread, and it now hangs in a gallery, valued at millions. Not the bread. So things go. And I have to add that I too enjoyed his description of the process and purpose of the pipe. Obviously a major talent.