lined bowls

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fr_Tom

Chaplain
Reaction score
I have wondered about something and made a feeble attempt to research this on google. I came up empty.

There are meer-lined bowls. Has anyone ever produced a pipe with a carbon insert the same thickness as a meer lining? It seems as if it would be cheaper than meer. It would provide instant cake the thickness of a dime/whatever.

Has this been done? If so, it did not seem to catch on.

Carbon I don't know but, there was a pipe with a clay insert bowl. Extra bowls could be bought and changed out when needed. I have one with a package of bowls if you'd like to see it.
And I would think carbon bowls would be very fragile in comparison to meer or clay.

Carbon is an interesting and hard to define material. I'm sure a bowl could be crafted. Not sure of the cost or acceptance -- pipers have set ideas. I think many would think of their glowing charcoal grill.

Carbon can go from a fragile briquette to diamonds. A lot of the carbon nano tubes that have physical scientist scrambling can be made into so many configurations with widely varied properties.

Oh well - it seemed too good to be true. It would provide a precaked bowl. Presumably it would protect the briar from burnouts, and would start glowing at a temp higher than the wood of the bowl.

This was just one of those things I wondered.

Are you thinking of the 60's vintage "The Pipe" made of graphite-lined bowl? No breakin required!!!!:cheers: FTRPLT