Lockdown smoke

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pipeclubsi

Reaction score
Howdy
I was put on hold at job and never smoked so much in my life. It was due to coronavirus, so the only safe option was staying at home and boredom became a problem. Sure I was also pretty nervous about the whole thing.
Have you experienced a similar situation ?I smoked until my mouth hurt, pipe after pipe. But it was comforting, really so, and I'm thankful I had something at my hand to get me through. Of course family and our dog are no. 1, but you know what I mean. Those hours were long and smoking such an appropriate thing.
I also lost my dad in May from pneumonia, not related to covid. Pipe helped too, very much.
Now I work again and it's also getting colder, so I tend to smoke less frequent. No withdrawal issues there.
How is your lockdown smoke like? Has your pipe became an even bigger buddy now?

(btw. I don't want this to be a corona sceptics vs concerned thing, it's just about smoking)

I'm smoking much less. My younger daughter is a public school teacher, and the system is distance learning. She has a kindergartner, pre-schooler, and a 14 month toddler. Her regular daycare has been closed since early March. I have the toddler at my house at least three full days a week and the older kids, one at a time, one day each, along with the toddler. They are all noisy, so for my daughter and her husband, also working from home, to do their jobs I've stepped in. They have a part time nanny, 12 hours a week, but her only real job is to keep the two older kids on task with distance learning and keep them from their usual constant fighting.

So for me, it's no smoking from 7:30 am to 4:30 pm.

My daughter wanted a full time nanny, but the rates are $22 to $25 an hour, 40 hours a week, time and a half for anything over 40 hours.