London Dock?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

serif365

Reaction score
Do any of you older pipers remember London Dock OTC blend?  Is there a modern match since it's been off the market for some time?  I had about a 25 year hiatus before I picked up my pipe again a couple years back and several of my old favorites seem to have disappeared.  :cry:

serif365":cu4zn4g5 said:
Do any of you older pipers remember London Dock OTC blend?  Is there a modern match since it's been off the market for some time?  I had about a 25 year hiatus before I picked up my pipe again a couple years back and several of my old favorites seem to have disappeared.  :cry:
LOT'S of stuff has changed over the last 25 years !! :twisted: :twisted: I'd try asking Jim inks here on the forum as he's very involved in most of what's produced today !! Who would've thought 25 years ago, that Dunhill would NOT be blending tobacco !! Onward thru the Fog !! :twisted: :twisted:

Simple Man beat me to it. I have a sample of the Match to try, but I never smoked the original to compare, which is something I was hoping to do.

A the father of a buddy's of mine smoked London Dock. He called it London Dump. I tried it once. The tin/package note was a bit garbage like. Did not care for it. I wonder if it has improved. :affraid:

I never tried the original London Dock, even though I picked up an old sealed tin a couple years ago that had been produced by General Cigar.
Milan Tobacconists have a blend called "Our London Dock" which is a favorite of mine.  Absolutely delicious!

monbla256":o0ufdfa7 said:
Who would've thought 25 years ago, that Dunhill would NOT be blending tobacco...........  
...........and start making shitty pipes......

SpeedyPete":9qj4e2xm said:
monbla256":9qj4e2xm said:
Who would've thought 25 years ago, that Dunhill would NOT be blending tobacco...........  
...........and start making shitty pipes......
I'll go along with hijacking this thread as DUNHILL does not make pipes anymore. They are made by WHITE SPOT. DUNHILL does NOT do tobacco stuff anymore !! :twisted: :twisted:

Several years ago I worked with a guy who was constantly bemoaning the demise of London Dock.
Thinking I was doing him a large favor, I gifted him 4 oz. of the Milan version.
His response: this ain't London Dock. He was unable or unwilling to tell me what he found lacking
(not that I could appreciate the differences, having smoked neither the real thing or the Milan tribute).
I loved the guy a lot but never felt the urge to presume to gift him any other tobacco!
Just one experience for consideration!