Long Needed Vacation!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeepernick

Reaction score
I'll be gone for a few weeks for a long needed vacation. Gonna spend a couple days in the city of Lost Wages. Then off to visit family in central CA. My Wife's grandfather is celebrating his 80th birthday so we are having a big family reunion. Looking forward to the time off, although as most vacations go visiting family I will probably have to come back to work to rest and recouperate.

SWMBO has said I can only take one pipe and one tobacco on the trip. Gotta figure out how to sneek a couple into my carry-on.

Enjoy Jeep! I'm in Montana right now on vacation myself. Smoked some Pennington Gap in a Mike Brissett billiard overlooking Kootenai Falls this morning.

Damn fine day!

Speaking of which, Mark Tinsky or Rad Davis... you guys have any great fly fishing spots in the Thompson Falls/Noxon area??? :lol:

Have a great vacation. I'm up in the White Mountain Apache Indian Reservation "trying" to do some fly fishing. I brought five pipes and three blends for my three day adventure.

I'm all about the promotion of vacation.... You fellers have a GREAT time..

Sounds like you guys are taking time to enjoy life.... Can't get much better :D

WOW!

Sounds like everyone's having a great time! Enjoy Jeeper!

Jason, Mike, we want to see pics of those trout you guys are catching!

jhuggett":wnll69iw said:
Speaking of which, Mark Tinsky or Rad Davis... you guys have any great fly fishing spots in the Thompson Falls/Noxon area??? :lol:
You guys have a great time time on your vacations. If either won of you are returning home through southeast ID. send PM and we will smoke a pipe togather. Hey J, those guys, esp. Mark, know where the fishing is great, getting them to share that info might be a prob. :lol: All seriousness, if he gets off the rivers long enough to check his emails and you have sent one, am pretty sure he will get back to ya.

Bd

Never Forget!

Bruce if I didn't have to cart some family back to the Seattle area I would swing down south for a "Hello".

JP, photographic evidence of my fishing adventures strips me of creative license. :lol:

jhuggett":cvxlna54 said:
JP, photographic evidence of my fishing adventures strips me of creative license. :lol:
The setting of the movie "A River Runs Throught It" is Montana although I'm not sure if any actual scenes were shot there.

J your "hint" of a great catch reminds me of the fisherman, who would measure his fish and kept on tossing the fish back (or releasing them). Someone watched this for a couple of hours and asked:

"Why are you releasing those beauties and why are you measuring them anyway?"

His reply:

"My frying pan is only 10 inches wide." :lol:

Puffs, that picture is of Kootenai Falls where they shot the big whitewater scene in The River Wild with Meryl Streep. I think in the movie they called it "The Gauntlet". It's a pretty good movie.

That is a funny story about the frying pan. That's the way they are around here, very sensible about stuff like that.

J one word..... Photoshop!

Those fish look real big when you use the 'stretch' feature.. Ask my wife, when we first started emailing each other my 3 inch.... Err on second thought forget I said anything.

Well I have decided to take two pipes and two blends. I will be smoking McClelland St. James Woods in a Peterson Bulldog, and McClelland Arcadia in an Abbey Billiard. Hope I can get through security with the unopened tins in my carry on. The wife and I are not checking baggage. I just can't see paying extra for something that should be included with the price of the ticket. The airline seems to always lose my baggage anyway. Hopefully the flight will be smooth and uneventful. Packed a good book, ipod, some gummy treats, and a can of chewing tobacco, I'm all set!

jeepernick":dacvanyh said:
Well I have decided to take two pipes and two blends. I will be smoking McClelland St. James Woods in a Peterson Bulldog, and McClelland Arcadia in an Abbey Billiard. Hope I can get through security with the unopened tins in my carry on. The wife and I are not checking baggage. I just can't see paying extra for something that should be included with the price of the ticket. The airline seems to always lose my baggage anyway. Hopefully the flight will be smooth and uneventful. Packed a good book, ipod, some gummy treats, and a can of chewing tobacco, I'm all set!
Have fun Jeeper!

Just a reminder to any and all Bros @ Sistrs, if you are or family/friends are going to br any-where near any of that white water WEAR YOUR FLOTATION DEVICES!!! We have had four drownings in local area in 2 weeks. Would much rather be a bit maudlin as reading obits. It is much easier to have fun if sill alive.

Bd

Never Forget!

Good points Bruce. I've been doing whitewater stuff (kayaking and rafting) for years and I couldn't imagine someone getting into that kind of water without PROPER flotation. You end up outside your boat and it can be a long run before it calms down enough to get to shore and that's if you don't get pinned up on something.

Here! Here!

So far this summer we have had several drownings here with 2 being in the past week.

Please be safe and use the proper equipment.

Well Gents,

I'm back from vacation and can say that I will need to go back to work to get some rest. I would share a bit of my vacation adventures with y'all but you know the old saying "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" :lol: .

Just kidding, having lived in Nevada previously I didn't see the need to do much gambling, I poked about $30 in the slots, and won $40 at the roulette wheel. Did have some good grub, and saw a couple of shows. After a couple of days in Vegas spent the rest visiting family and friends in CA. Too many people to see and not enough time to do it in. Oh well, vacations spent visiting family are all too often that way.

It is good to be back home, sleeping in my own bed. I did manage to crack open the St. James Woods and it is a good vaper. Spent a couple of nights beside the pool enjoying a bowl watching my nephews swim.

The tobacco traveled well and I did not have a problem at the security checkpoint at the airport. SWMBO decided to ship home clothes and shoes to make room for home made tortillas in her suitcase. The puzzled look on the face of the x-ray tech at the airport was quite humurous. She couldn't figure out what they were and my wife had to open her suitcase to show another TSA officer the contents.

You just can't get good home made tortillas in Kentucky! :poncho: