Long rant - "Smoking a pipe is hard work"

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mr. Binsbergen,

Anyone with any pipe sense knows that Walnut is a fine smoke and obviously you are a brother with a lot of pipe sense! :D

I am sorry that it is becoming so difficult for you to acquire the grand leaf! The next time my son is over there I will make it a point to visit and bring you some.

Piet Binsbergen":pj35wlos said:
p.s....... RUBBER ROOM..... where is that? never been there......... I really haven't connected with a brother that I did not get on with.......... Has anybody ever met a pipe smoker that is nasty? besides Joseph Stalin.... and I am sure deep down he was a pleasant guy! :lol!:
Look at the main forum page, scroll down to where it says "joining the asylum".

JUSTPIPES,

Thanks for your concerns and keen interest. Your help will be greatly appreciated. As you may have noticed, I have just cracked my last tub, that will last till the end of Jan. early Feb. if I choose to smoke other stuff in between.

Cheers mate
:cheers:

Frost,

A little early to be in the rubber room bro! :lol:

puros_bran":75vcj3zx said:
Anyway, where the debate? It looks to me like we are all in agreement.
What a bunch of elitist crap,,,you pipe snobs bandy about all this fillosofick bull concealing the fact that you think pipes make you yooneek,,,HEY, everyone look at me, I'm not ordinary,I have a pipe,,, I don't follow the krowd, I'm an independent deep thinker,,,I'm much better than you run of the mill common turds smoking cigerrettts and cegars,,,look up to me cauze this is a hobee that you coodent hope to understand or afford,,see my expensiv pipe, and my $400 tamper,,,Hell, my tobacco colectshun alone is worth more than your house,,,

Come on you premium weed geek deep thoughtful thinkers,,, it's tobacco and a hunk of briar wood with a tube stuk init,,polish your terds all you want,,thats all it is,,,

mark":h1uvl8ix said:
puros_bran":h1uvl8ix said:
Anyway, where the debate? It looks to me like we are all in agreement.
What a bunch of elitist crap,,,you pipe snobs bandy about all this fillosofick bull concealing the fact that you think pipes make you yooneek,,,HEY, everyone look at me, I'm not ordinary,I have a pipe,,, I don't follow the krowd, I'm an independent deep thinker,,,I'm much better than you run of the mill common turds smoking cigerrettts and cegars,,,look up to me cauze this is a hobee that you coodent hope to understand or afford,,see my expensiv pipe, and my $400 tamper,,,Hell, my tobacco colectshun alone is worth more than your house,,,

Come on you premium weed geek deep thoughtful thinkers,,, it's tobacco and a hunk of briar wood with a tube stuk init,,polish your terds all you want,,thats all it is,,,
Definately :lol!:

Awesome. I smoke "cigerrettts and cegars" too.

There's a certain trance like state I go into while selecting my pipe from the rack, picking which tobacco I'll smoke in it, filling the bowl, lighting it, tamping it, finally lighting it and then tamping and lighting once again as I progress down the bowl. It's the closest thing to meditation that I do. Though it sounds corny, in a sense it's my spirituality. It's my own Tai Chi :lol:

DANISH PIPE GUY!!!!

Well said brother!

MARK,

no one said I was better than anyone else, by the way I smoke my share of cigs too........ on the run like and just for the record the most expensive pipe I own is worth $60! I know this great pipe smoking snob English Teacher, she is 75 and offers free spelling lessons! :lol!:

Frost,

I don't think you could have put in words my sentiments more perfectly. I have contemplated this many times. More often on those days when all I want is to be at home, on the couch, relaxing, smoking, all being quiet in my little world and just being able to reflect.

These moments come few and far between nowadays, and when they do, they are usually "timed" meaning I have an hour free before I have to go do "this or that" and I never truly get to let my guard down and enjoy the moment. I think God has been working hard with me lately to get me to understand these moments and that they are what I make of them.

Great post, and great way to open up the discussion on something I think we all deal with on a different level.

-Adam