Long Time No See! Why I have be AFK!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d4klutz

Reaction score
Hey all! It has been a while since I have been online, though I have checked in once in a while.

As a lot of you know, I was let go from my last job in April and I got a new job in May. I have been working my tail off at my new job and have not had a ton of time for anything else. Recently, I was sent up to NE Texas for work, and fell in love with the area. Long story short, a position opened up in Longview/ Tyler area, and my company is going to be relocating me! Cart will have a new neighbor soon. LOL. Anyways, I have a very busy next few months as I have to find a new place and sell my house. I am really looking forward to the move, as I have been in the Houston area way too long (almost 12 years).

I will try to keep updates as I have them.

Always good to read a post from you D4. Congrats on the job change and best of luck on finding a new home too. Yes, please check in now and again to let us know how things are progressing.

:cheers:

JP! I completely echo the words above. Always good to read a post from you and have missed not hearing from you. Exciting news regarding your new opportunity and move. I'm sure it'll work out just fine for you and your family. Swing by when you can but it seems like you've got a lot on your plate.

Take care friend,

Pip pip!

My friends,

I have dearly missed chatting with you and reading your posts, and of course replying. Thank you for your warm wishes. I am facing this move with a bit of uncertainty, and a whole mess of excitement. My start date is in 2 weeks and I don't even have a place to stay yet! The location is 4 hrs away from my current residence. So, there will be lots of drive time for the next few months, and of course it is the Holiday season, which makes it even more complicated. :lol!:

About time your sorry arse showed up I was beginning to figure you just dropped off the planet.
Glad to hear your movin over here, I'll be able to chew your arse out in person while we enjoy a bowl or two.
Wish I had room for ya otherwise you could bunk here. ;)

I always dreaded Houston. Just across town could be anywhere from 30minutes to 3 hours depending on time of day/weather/road construction/ accidents/ how you held your mouth.

Tyler is a good area.. Well used to be, it's been a few years since I've been down there.

Congrats on the new job and best of luck with the move JP
As to becoming Ron's neighbour, well, I'm sure there are worse things :D

Good to hear from you JP! I'm sure you are going to enjoy living in the Tyler area, and no doubt your daily commute will be much easier once you get settled.

Welcome back, but why do you have to be AFK?
And what the heck does AFK mean?   :lol:

Nevermind...I googled it.  
I ain't hip with today's acronyms.   :no:

alandadp":t8xf1wm7 said:
Congrats on the new job and best of luck with the move JP
As to becoming Ron's neighbour, well, I'm sure there are worse things :D

Congrats on getting out of Houston. East Texas isn't bad if you like looking up to see the sun for all the damn trees !! :twisted: :twisted: Hope the new job works for you !! :twisted: :twisted:

So, I have been super busy as of late. I bought a small 5 acre farm outside of Gilmer, TX. I have been working full time as well as remodeling the new place. We are just about ready to move in. I am taking a load up today. We also have a contract to sell our old place, and are scheduled to close on Dec 15. We are so ready to be done with the move. I have already started in my new position as of last Monday. I do not have internet at the new place, but should have it as of the 18th if all goes according to plan. I will update when I can. I will post a few pictures once we are fully moved.

I'm glad to hear your doing well and of course that your within only a few miles of me now.
Keep doing what your doing sir and it'll all come together nicely. ;)

Sounds tremendous JP; a farm! Can't wait to see the pics. My idea of a farm here in the UK is probably very different to yours across the pond. Take care old chap and stay safe.

Always good to hear from you JP. Sounds as though you have your future well in hand and are moving forward in a positive direction. Hope everything continues to go to plan.

Not sure about you moving so close to Ron though. His curmudgeonly ways might start to rub off on you! And next thing you know you might even start making pipes!

:joker: 

Cheers,

RR