Looking for a complete Stanwell list of shapes/designers.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Help! I am looking for a complete list of Stanwell pipe shapes and designers if so applicable. I know the one on Pipedia is pretty good, but it ends in the 200's. I am finding Stanwells with shape numbers in the 500's - 800's.
This one I'm showing here is a 40's-60's Redg. No., in the "de Luxe" line of pipes. The model number clearly stamped is 872. I can't find reference to it anywhere in official Stanwell lists of models. Does anyone have a better list than what on Pipedia with the higher numbers?

Attachments

• MST1_3_DELUXEREDGBILLIARD872_0003.jpg
    MST1_3_DELUXEREDGBILLIARD872_0003.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 2
  • MST1_3_DELUXEREDGBILLIARD872_0006.jpg
    MST1_3_DELUXEREDGBILLIARD872_0006.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 0
I feel your pain, info like that seems scarce for any brand unfortunately. I even wrote medico 3 months ago with a similar enquirey but I have yet to hear back lol. You might already have checked, but pipephile.eu has a lot of good information, links to their source material and other helpful websites on there. You might have to cobble together your own list from different sources. Good luck and if you find anything let us know!

I feel your pain, info like that seems scarce for any brand unfortunately. I even wrote medico 3 months ago with a similar enquirey but I have yet to hear back lol. You might already have checked, but pipephile.eu has a lot of good information, links to their source material and other helpful websites on there. You might have to cobble together your own list from different sources. Good luck and if you find anything let us know!
Thanks for the reply! Yes, I should look closer at pipephile.eu. Good idea. I'll share what I find out!

Thanks for the reply! Yes, I should look closer at pipephile.eu. Good idea. I'll share what I find out!
Generally, the shape number is the last couple of digits, and the first number is the 'finish,' or it can be an identifier of the line of pipes the pipe was part of. The Royal Danish and Royal Guard lines are marked with a 900 series number, and 600 series number, respectively.

In this instance, the shape is
  • 72. Billiard, medium size, full mouthpiece.
The '8' likely denotes either the sandblast, the stain color, or the particular 'line' of pipes the pipe was from, or all three.