Looking for Founding Members for Pipe Club in SW Ontario

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ontariopiper

Reaction score
Hi folks,

As the post title suggests, I'm on the hunt for pipers and enthusiasts interested in forming a new pipe club to be based in the Grand River corridor (Kitchener-Waterloo, Cambridge, Guelph, Brantford & areas).

Monthly meetings intended as social gatherings of like-minded people to share the joys and heartbreaks of the piping hobby and also include educational and historical presentations on pipe care & maintenance, pipe makers large & small, tobacco reviews & tastings, etc.

I figure the details can be sorted out via email and/or occasional meet-ups through the winter for an official launch in the Spring of 2016 when nicer outdoor smoking weather is once again with us.

If you or someone you know is interested, PM me and include your contact information, your location and whether you would be willing/able to host meetings (on a rotating basis).

Thanks, and Happy Piping!

Guyrox":4h9x64zk said:
Too bad for me, it's really kind of far from Ottawa...
Not sure how active they are, but it seems that THIS Ottawa pipe club is still around. You could check them out.

I think the Yahoo group is dead. They have a Facebook page, I checked it out. That's about all they do, hang on Facebook... :roll:  I wants the real thing, know what I mean?
I wish you enormous succes with your endeavour, bud.

Guyrox":gk0kgskd said:
I think the Yahoo group is dead. They have a Facebook page, I checked it out. That's about all they do, hang on Facebook... :roll:  I wants the real thing, know what I mean?
I wish you enormous succes with your endeavour, bud.
Thanks Claude. I'm gonna need it to get this thing off the ground!

A quick update on this topic before I head out for the holidays:

I've now got 7 names of local pipers interested in starting a club, which is about 7 more than I had thought I'd get. Great!

The better news, however, is that one of these "Magnificent Seven" has offered up a heated, indoor meeting space for club use, which gets us around the stiff Smoke-Free Ontario legislation, as it's private property (the rules ban smoking anywhere indoors in "publicly accessible" buildings (which covers pubs, bars, etc) and any "workplace" (which covers private clubs, even Legion halls).

So we are not waiting til the Spring to get started. Our first official meet is 24 January! :cheers:

Best of luck for your new pipe club. Hope it can last for years. :cheers:

That's, really, an excellent start. Looking forward to see how that first meeting went and which tobaccos were shared!