Looking for infomation and advice.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Be really careful on your dates, or you will conflict and possibly limit your potential growth. You mentioned tax return time. February 18th is the St Louis show. New York is March 11th. Raleigh-TAPS is April 8. Next biggie is Chicago and people will be saving their pennies for that one. It will tie up May 3-8 this year. Do not be surprised if it is difficult to get a show in between.

There is a fairly complete calendar at Pipes Magazine.

Carlos":luvis3hs said:
Be really careful on your dates, or you will conflict and possibly limit your potential growth.  You mentioned tax return time.  February 18th is the St Louis show.  New York is March 11th.  Raleigh-TAPS is April 8.  Next biggie is Chicago and people will be saving their pennies for that one.  It will tie up May 3-8 this year.  Do not be surprised if it is difficult to get a show in between.

There is a fairly complete calendar at Pipes Magazine.
I am looking over all the posted dates for existing shows and trying to find a time frame the there is a long spell between shows. I know if I can find a sweet spot I will have a better chance of artisen pipe makers wanting to come. and also speakers and other vendors.

Now that KC has changed there date again I think summer might be a good time. I'd start with a smaller swap like the GNPC does to see if guys will bother to show up. I'd think between The Seattle Pipe Club and The Vancouver group you could have a pretty good chance but you just never know. I've been a regular at pipe shows across the country for 19 years now and I was sort of involved with the MAPS show that had a solid 10 year run and I can tell you that it's hard to turn out locals to a show.  :shock:

A peculiar thing about pipe shows is their appeal is mostly limited to gentlemen of a certain age, are of zero interest to other population sub-groups, and celebrate an avocation that public health nazis would like to make illegal. Other than that . . .  Don't forget, IPSD is Feb 20. An online event on that date might have some appeal. Pipery is a perfect on line market, because there aren't enough pipers in any single spot to support it. Jus' sayin' ...