Looking for some info please

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The pipe man

Reaction score
Hey all.. I have a question about a pipe that I got in a lot I bought on E Bay.. one of them is marked Royal Sultan # 254 Italy. It's a nicely carved lightweight pipe that smokes believe it or not smokes better than some of my Peterson's, Boswells, and meerschaums. It releases all the flavor of the tobacco flavorings wonderfully. It's definitely the sweetest smoking pipe I have now. Thing is I can't find any info at all about it. Was it an off brand of a larger company or maybe a second I just don't know. All I could find when searching is a what looks to be a high class university named Royal Sultan and very little about that. I was thinking that maybe it was made for some type of special event or function that the school put on but again, who knows so If anyone knows anything about my mystery pipe please let me know. I'm just curious about it and wonder if all the pipes this manufacturer makes smokes this good cause if they do I'm buying some.

Those damn Italians and their magic briar. I recognize the name, but I can't find anything either.

EDIT: I see a rather ugly one on ebay Canada.

Hey all.. I have a question about a pipe that I got in a lot I bought on E Bay.. one of them is marked Royal Sultan # 254 Italy. It's a nicely carved lightweight pipe that smokes believe it or not smokes better than some of my Peterson's, Boswells, and meerschaums. It releases all the flavor of the tobacco flavorings wonderfully. It's definitely the sweetest smoking pipe I have now. Thing is I can't find any info at all about it. Was it an off brand of a larger company or maybe a second I just don't know. All I could find when searching is a what looks to be a high class university named Royal Sultan and very little about that. I was thinking that maybe it was made for some type of special event or function that the school put on but again, who knows so If anyone knows anything about my mystery pipe please let me know. I'm just curious about it and wonder if all the pipes this manufacturer makes smokes this good cause if they do I'm buying some.

Those damn Italians and their magic briar. I recognize the name, but I can't find anything either.

EDIT: I see a rather ugly one on ebay Canada.
Thanks for trying. I will check out the Canadian EBay. I uploaded a few pics of mine to show you and anyone else that wants to take a look.
Jim
Hey all.. I have a question about a pipe that I got in a lot I bought on E Bay.. one of them is marked Royal Sultan # 254 Italy. It's a nicely carved lightweight pipe that smokes believe it or not smokes better than some of my Peterson's, Boswells, and meerschaums. It releases all the flavor of the tobacco flavorings wonderfully. It's definitely the sweetest smoking pipe I have now. Thing is I can't find any info at all about it. Was it an off brand of a larger company or maybe a second I just don't know. All I could find when searching is a what looks to be a high class university named Royal Sultan and very little about that. I was thinking that maybe it was made for some type of special event or function that the school put on but again, who knows so If anyone knows anything about my mystery pipe please let me know. I'm just curious about it and wonder if all the pipes this manufacturer makes smokes this good cause if they do I'm buying some. 16405645430361125450662129909404.jpg
16405645015195486519140034486184.jpg

For some reason that pipe to me looks like it might be a Lorenzo, but I cannot find a pipe shape chart or guide for their pipes to see if they have that listed as a pipe shape 254. It could have been made for a tobacco shop with that name also.

No matter it is a very nice looker, great shape and well built. I do not clench so engravings and sandblasts are more my favorites, it just makes them easier to hold by the bowl in one hand without slipping.

For some reason that pipe to me looks like it might be a Lorenzo, but I cannot find a pipe shape chart or guide for their pipes to see if they have that listed as a pipe shape 254. It could have been made for a tobacco shop with that name also.

No matter it is a very nice looker, great shape and well built. I do not clench so engravings and sandblasts are more my favorites, it just makes them easier to hold by the bowl in one hand without slipping.
Well thanks for trying. It may just remain a mystery which is to bad because it smokes so good. I would love to find more but for the 18 bucks I paid for it on eBay I'm happy to smoke it and just enjoy. Thanks again and don't be a stranger.