Looks like you are stuck with me! Long winded warning!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leftover421

Reaction score
Well it has been almost 9 months ago that I ventured into the realm of BoB. I didn't really know what to expect when I first made a screen name and started posting. I don't really go in for forums, chat rooms, or any of that "social media" crap, so I really didn't have much experience in doing this sort of thing. (Funny considering one of my jobs is HTML code repair). That being said, I have come to really enjoy being a part of BoB. I have found this group to be one of the most supportive, informative and caring groups of people I have ever met.
I have been having a blast with the BoB bombers (pun intended). I really enjoy seeing the target's shock, embarrassment, and gratitude amongst other emotions. The best part about the BoB bombers is it's basically anonymous gift giving. I find it much easier to be giving if no one knows who gave who what. There is no feeling of the need to reciprocate a gift if you can't find who gave it in the first place. I do have a hard time finding "personalized" bombs because I am sooo freaking busy most of the time but I still love to try my best at finding something the target will enjoy.
I'm truly grateful for the wealth of wisdom shared freely here on BoB. Without it I would have probably sold my meager pipe collection right after I scorched the crap out of my tongue for the first time. I had the BoB support system though, so I searched around a bit here and found the solution to my problem; Biotene. Much thanks to the wise men and women of BoB. My, now larger, pipe collection thanks you as well! I think I also would have been smoking cheap drug store goop without the influence and suggestions here. (No offence intended for anyone who likes that sticky crap wonderful stuff!)  I would have gotten bored with the cigarette shops offerings by now and my pipes would just be dust collectors sitting in a corner. So, thank you BoB! Again! My pipe collection also shows the BoB influence and I know I am better for it. I learned you don't have to spend a fortune on a pipe but it is better to shop around for a good maker at a good price. I also learned how to care for my pipes with proper cleaning technique, how to properly beak in a pipe and how to get the best out of every pipe I smoke. Thanks BoB!
I find it a little strange that I care so much about the triumphs and tribulations of people I have never met face to face. Yet I find my self celebrating with the rev when he carves a beautiful pipe or choking back a tear when I read about monbla's very sad day. I mourn the loss of BoB's family members and wish I could be better support for them in there time of need. (Alas, it is difficult to give a shoulder to cry on when my fellow BoBers are so far away.)
Last but not least you have made me feel welcome amongst your hallowed ranks. I really appreciate the warm internet embrace you have all shown me. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart. I love you BoB and someday I hope I get to meet as many of my fellow BoBians as possible.

Sorry for the gushy, sappy post. I promise I haven't had a drop of the old hooch, yet. I just felt I needed to share my thoughts and let you all know how grateful I am for your camaraderie.

Well Dan,
I wouldn't call that a sappy post, it's a heartfelt story that means a lot to the members here. I am personally glad to see that you are now a happy pipe smoker and that the information you have found on BoB helped bring that about. BOB is more than just a pipe community online. It definitely describes the name Brotherhood. I am happy and feel gifted to have a member like you here. You make this a better place with your posts and presence. Thanks for opening up and sharing your feelings here, we would be at a loss without you.:D

Just normal people here acting like normal people, IMO.

As opposed to like predators. 8) 

:face:

Yak":fql2een2 said:
Just normal people here acting like normal people, IMO.

As opposed to like predators.  8) 

:face:

No predators here! It would be hard to smoke a pipe with that mouth anyways. Talk about tooth chatter!

docwatson":fql2een2 said:
Well Dan,
I wouldn't call that a sappy post, it's a heartfelt story that means a lot to the members here. I am personally glad to see that you are now a happy pipe smoker and that the information you have found on BoB helped bring that about. BOB is more than just a pipe community online. It definitely describes the name Brotherhood. I am happy and feel gifted to have a member like you here. You make this a better place with your posts and presence. Thanks for opening up and sharing your feelings here, we would be at a loss without you.:D
Thanks Doc! I needed the smile that brought to my face this morning! :) :D 8)

Yes, it was a sappy post, but it's a similar sentiment I've pondered frequently since I saddled up with this nutty posse.

Definitely time for hooch. It's "liquid emotions" for men! :D :drunken: :drunken: :drunken: 

:lol:

8)

Great post, thanks :)

I'm quite new here, but I already echo some of your sentiments. I have posted a couple questions, and knew they were pretty simple questions to any real piper. I was fully expecting a partly helpful reply, from a similarly inexperienced piper or two, and that the real guys would pass it over. I was absolutely amazed that some extremely experienced, knowledgeable, established Brothers took time out of their days to answer. I felt somewhat embarrassed, humbled, and grateful for it.

There's a beauty here. There seems to be no rank. Good for me, as I truly have none in this life thus far. But it's remarkable that those who the community considers Lords, Kings and Queens, consider themselves commoners, no different from the rest of us. They seem equally willing and happy to converse with the newest, less knowledgeable Brothers as they do their equals. It's an honour to be able to be part of a group like this.

How can I volunteer for a bomb squadron? Can I participate even though I am in Canada? Maybe could I be a "Rear Gunner", and select a gift from a US etailer, and have it mailed directly to the target, so I don't have to cross the great divide that is US/Canada customs?

Please PM to follow up, so as not to thread-jack.

Thanks again for the post!

NorthernLights":24y6zc1c said:
Great post, thanks :)

I was absolutely amazed that some extremely experienced, knowledgeable, established Brothers took time out of their days to answer. I felt somewhat embarrassed, humbled, and grateful for it.
I'm a pipe newb myself, so don't count me as having any knowledge. Take what I say as light hearted suggestions. :lol: 

There's a beauty here. There seems to be no rank. Good for me, as I truly have none in this life thus far. But it's remarkable that those who the community considers Lords, Kings and Queens, consider themselves commoners, no different from the rest of us.
Oh, we have mods but the difference is the mods don't get all high and mighty. (most of the time) We also enjoy a bit of light hearted banter here where even the mods get involved. We kinda just like to have fun, even at the expense of others as long as they can take it......Right kyle?

How can I volunteer for a bomb squadron? Can I participate even though I am in Canada? Maybe could I be a "Rear Gunner", and select a gift from a US etailer, and have it mailed directly to the target, so I don't have to cross the great divide that is US/Canada customs?
You would have to ask one of our captains as I really don't know how the U.S./Canada customs laws work. I don't think you should have a problem with a drop ship style of bombing. It would be sent from a U.S. address to a U.S. address, so.....eh

Please PM to follow up, so as not to thread-jack.

Thanks again for the post!
Can't thread jack my own thread.....or can I? :twisted: Your very welcome and thank you for the very cool reply! 8) 

Oh and...

Kyle Weiss":fkxu047z said:
Yes, it was a sappy post, but it's a similar sentiment I've pondered frequently since I saddled up with this nutty posse.  

Definitely time for hooch.  It's "liquid emotions" for men!   :D  :drunken: :drunken: :drunken: 

:lol:

8)
Thanks, I love ya too brother! :cheers: :lol: