Losing a Parent

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrumsAndBeer

Reaction score
Last week my mother unexpectedly passed away at the very young age of 68. And a "young" 68 she was. She loved life, family and friends to the fullest. She was an avid gardener, loved cooking, cleaning her house (seriously), she adored baseball (she was a SF Giants season ticket holder since the early 80's), and she loved donating several hours of her time each week to the local Ronald McDonald House.

Most of all, despite coming from a broken home, my mother was the best parent that a kid could hope for and she raised us the best she could. I wish I had words to describe how much she meant to me, my siblings, my father, her three grandchildren and the rest of her extended family but the words escape me. I wasn't sure about posting this here, but now that I have started typing I found that it's therapeutic for me to write these words and I realize in doing so that I have just barely scraped the surface of the grief I am experiencing.

Anyway, thanks for listening friends.

Here's to brighter days ahead.

Chris

One day at a time my friend. There are many helping hands and ears willing to listen here for you.

John

Sorry to hear that D&B, and please accept my sincere condolences on your loss. She sounds like a great woman and Mom.

Losing a parent is one of the most difficult experiences any of us will go through. My own Mom passed in her mid-70's. And that was way too young as well.

Be strong for your family, and celebrate her life and the good times.

:cry:

Cheers,

RR

Chris,

Thanks for sharing. I'm sorry for your loss. I hope you can grieve well. I too lost my Mom at a young age. She was 59.

You are lucky to have had such a wonderful mom and unlucky to have lost her to soon.

Sorry for your loss.

I'm so sorry for your loss, Chris. If there is anything we can do for you let us know.

You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

I can't understand what you're going through. I can only imagine how difficult it is. My wife's grandfather was like her father since her parents divorced 16 yrs before he died at 86, still kicking and screaming.
Your mom was too young but left a great legacy behind, which you will do as well.

My condolences and best wishes.

I'm sorry for your loss brother. You will be in my prayers. May each day get better for you.

Chris,

My sincerest condolences to you and your family. Your mother sounds like an incredible woman. May she rest in peace.

Sorry For your loss, losing a loved one is always difficult

I lost one of my best friends this past Sunday unexpectedly, I am finding strength by remembering all the good times we had together.
One day at a time Brother one day at a time

I am a bit older than your mom and have experienced your loss. I found that even now I can be somewhere or doing something and relating it to doing it with the loved one. I glanced; expecting to see them. In the beginning it seemed to emphasize the loss. In time, the feeling changed and today It can bring a smile.

We are what made us. That means bits of the big bang but it also means the people who have traveled life with us. I find much of them remains in this world and you are her produce. I am sure she took that pride with her.

I am very sorry for your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

I heard there's no blackout restrictions on Giants games in heaven, so we can still keep up on the team with her. :heart: Terrible news, Chris...hang in there.

Very sorry to read of your loss brother.

Fraternally

Jers

I'm sorry for your loss. Sounds like she was an amazing mother and she touched many lives in her ,all too short, time here.