Lost a Father today.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

i.keenum

Reaction score
I mentioned a while back that my step father had lymphoma, a few months ago things took a turn for the worse and the outlook started looking not as brigh. This morning he passed away in his sleep, and even though I was prepared for it it still saddens me greatly.

He was a great man and will be missed immensely. The loss really does strike deep for me but I'm not as sad for me as I am for my family. Him and my mom have been married since I was around 4 and he has always been a part of my life and hers as long as I can remember. I had a full range of experience with him, he was there to see me graduate High School, get married, and have children. His two children with my mother will miss out on many things I have already experienced. My baby brother and sister are full grown but still so young at 17 and 18 and I really wish they could have experienced all of what I did with him.

He had a room full of people with him up till he left this world. My family , his friends and even kids I went to high school with where there with him. I was there last night but did not spend the night in the room. I regret a not being there this morning, as I was at work but he received my farewells yesterday and last night. They started a IV drip of morphine yesterday afternoon and he was resting well from that moment on. I am grateful he was comfortable in the end.

RIP Seth Diamond,
You will forever be loved

I lost my dad at 15, and I feel the same way about my youngest brother...he was only 12. And, I feel like I got to do some things that he never did.

This hits me right in the feels brother, my best to you all.

Thanks guys. Ya I'm pretty good at weathering the storms but I don't do well watching others do the same.

Ian,

I am sorry for your loss. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Ian... I am sorry to hear about his passing. You can prepare for things like this and know they are on the horizon. When the time comes, you are somehow still blindsided in some ways. Blessings...

So sorry for your loss, Ian. My deepest condolences to you and your family...

Sorry to hear about this. May God bless you and your family as you deal with the loss of your father.

Ian, I don't know what to say that will bring you any comfort. However, my thoughts are with you and your family at this difficult time Brother. May your father rest in peace.

Tough one bud.  I pray peace and comfort on you and yours.   I know it's cliche but he does live on in you, you will catch yourself acting just like him and remember.

Sorry for you and your family's loss Ian. You all have my thoughts and prayers.

I am very sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

My sincerest condolences Ian. Prayers to you and your family.

It's hard to loose close kin, I know, I've lost both parents and grandparents and none of it was easier even by the 3rd and 4th times. Just remember, your not alone and it's something
we all must go through or have. Our thought's and prayers are with you and your family.
Keep your chin up and keep moving ahead, your strength will be needed by your family.