Lost Cigar Order

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peanubutter

Reaction score
Ordered some sticks on April 19th and they shipped on the 20th. Tracking shows going from PA to NJ to AZ to Las Vegas. Two weeks and still missing. Last tracking update was May 1st for Vegas but no updates since. Oh, they led me on showing arrival last Friday, then Saturday, Monday, Tuesday, and today. What in the wide wide world of sports, man. Think Cigars International will cover for this? I hate losing$250 on this shitment.

Ordered some sticks on April 19th and they shipped on the 20th. Tracking shows going from PA to NJ to AZ to Las Vegas. Two weeks and still missing. Last tracking update was May 1st for Vegas but no updates since. Oh, they led me on showing arrival last Friday, then Saturday, Monday, Tuesday, and today. What in the wide wide world of sports, man. Think Cigars International will cover for this? I hate losing$250 on this shitment.
Pretty sure CI will cover it. When I smoked cigars bought a lot fron CI and never had a problem.

It’s like USPS SciFi Theater!!! Cigars delivered “last Friday, then Saturday, Monday, Tuesday, and today.” That’s FIVE SHIPMENTS! LOL

So the CI - UPS tracking shows a hand-off in Vegas on May 1st. I did a USPS tracking on the number and it indicated it only go to Tolleson, AZ. Sent an e-mail to CI and no response so I will be calling them tomorrow and see if I can get a refund. I will probably look for closer vendor from now on. Lots of F-bombs this week as they just update the day of supposed arrival.

Pretty sure CI will cover it. When I smoked cigars bought a lot fron CI and never had a problem.
I have been having delivery issues from CI the last two times, or the delivery company. I did order some cigars directly from Mombacha in Miami in March and no problem. Thanks for the information about CI.

So what was the outcome of the failed shipment?
I have been dealing with CI for about a decade now, and have never had shipping issues with them.
BTW, CI is a Business Unit of Scandinavian Tobacco Group, (STG) - Denmark, publicly traded on the Stockholm Stock Market, and found in the U.S. Over the Counter stock listings: Under the Pink Sheet designation.
STG has two tobacco factories in Denmark where most of the pipe tobacco is made and several cigar factories in Mexico, Central America, Europe, and Indonesia.
STG owns the CAO, Cohiba, La Gloria Cubana, Macanudo, and Partagas brands, plus the several Cigars International house brands.

The outcome was a successful delivery after 23 days. The shipment made it to Las Vegas, NV in about a week. It then sat there and no updates for another two weeks. The customer service rep indicated that I had selected the 'no rush' option for shipping which indicates 8-12 business days. The question was why spend two weeks in Vegas and it is only about 100 miles from the destination. The order made it from PA to NV in a short time via UPS then it was handed off to USPS. I don't know and I usually do not have an issue with CI"s shipping.

So what was the outcome of the failed shipment?
I have been dealing with CI for about a decade now, and have never had shipping issues with them.
BTW, CI is a Business Unit of Scandinavian Tobacco Group, (STG) - Denmark, publicly traded on the Stockholm Stock Market, and found in the U.S. Over the Counter stock listings: Under the Pink Sheet designation.
STG has two tobacco factories in Denmark where most of the pipe tobacco is made and several cigar factories in Mexico, Central America, Europe, and Indonesia.
STG owns the CAO, Cohiba, La Gloria Cubana, Macanudo, and Partagas brands, plus the several Cigars International house brands.
See my reply below.

I
The outcome was a successful delivery after 23 days. The shipment made it to Las Vegas, NV in about a week. It then sat there and no updates for another two weeks. The customer service rep indicated that I had selected the 'no rush' option for shipping which indicates 8-12 business days. The question was why spend two weeks in Vegas and it is only about 100 miles from the destination. The order made it from PA to NV in a short time via UPS then it was handed off to USPS. I don't know and I usually do not have an issue with CI"s shipping.
I can tell you where the system failed - when UPS handed it off to USPS. On non-rush shipments originating form CI, UPS splits the delivery, that is, UPS does the distance hauling, the package arrives at a Postal Service Depot/BMF, which in your case was Vegas. Then it again gets sent to a smaller depot, then finally handed off to a local carrier and into your mailbox, (USPS folks, correct me if I'm wrong).
Nik