Lost my pup

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveMKentucky

Reaction score
I regret to post that the time came to say farewell to my surrogate child and best friend Elli this last week. She's immortalized in my Avatar, laying beside me while I smoke my pipe. She was the sweetest, smartest, most human dog I've ever shared my life with. We knew each other so well we both often knew what the other was thinking. All I had to do was think about getting my pipe and she would get up, go in my study and wait by my pipes waiting. If she came to me and stared, I somehow always knew what she wanted. She was my constant companion and friend.

It's been a difficult week without her.

Damn. Very sad to know. I've suffered the loss of several 4-legged furry companions in my short life and they never get any easier.
RIP Elli.

Cheers,

RR

Sorry to hear. I've found that with some pets the sorrow may only last a day while with others that developed a real empathetic bond it can take a year to get over (as in every time you think about it you get a little choked up and have to think about something else really quick). Some pet owners just never develop that kind of connection and they don't understand how real the grief can be for those of us who have experienced it. Sounds like many of us here on BoB have been where you are.

Sorry to hear that news. It is so very hard to lose an animal friend. And you are right about that bond.

Really sorry to learn that Steve. I've never had a dog, but got pretty attached to a few mates' dogs in the past. Can't imagine what you're going through right now. Warm thoughts coming your way.

Sorry to hear about your dog. We had to put our old lab down several years ago and she is still missed. Our 12 year old doxie is still hanging on. I love that little critter almost as much as my wife, sometimes more! Pets definitely fill a void in one's life.

The loss of a family pet is excruciating. Our 14 year old golden retriever passed in January of 2019 and left a large void. We were going to just keep our terrier but the void was too large. Another golden came our way last spring and has been a welcome addition to our pack. Plus side is he has a good home and gets to travel with us.

was a K-9 trainer for 48 years and lost a special dog here and there. kills you. last year i spent 6 months 24/7 taking care of my last dog and carrying him simce he had stroke-like symptoms and lose all ability to use his legs and feets. fibrocartilagennous embolli in the brain. and spine.
got so bad i had to put hm down. he was a super fine calm gentle tri color colliesyill affects me. was able to getanother wild high untrained 9 1/2 month old pup and that has filled a voidmy one or 2 german bred shepherds were incredible and the tri collie was so calm and gently and trustworthy. he hwas my best friend. this other is also becomig ,y best friend and has come a log way. so i know what you are saying. zi could not see myself ever without dog.may get a new one and channel that love and inteensitty into a new one to shar that 'something' that good dogs do possess.

a hit of woodford reserve at times make things a bit easier.

i have Zen planyed im the backso i see hime all of the times.

(sorry for typos - pain killers and sleeping pill is kicking it)

My deepest sympathy and sincere condolences. Cherish your memories of him and rejoice in the time that you had together.

Sending healing prayers your way.