Louis LaMour

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red kilt

Reaction score
Any Louis LaMour fans out there. If so tell me what your reading. I am currently reading "Riding The River" Its number 17 in the sackett series. :study:

I've been a L'Amour fan since I was a teenager. The first book I read was Shalako...I was hooked. As I read more, and came to know more, I realized just how much research he put into his work. Any place he mentions--exists. One of my favorites, from his later period, was Last of the Breed. Instead of the old west, it takes place in Russia. There is no author I enjoy more. Wish he was still around. I actually met him back about 1972 while living in LA.

thedeep":cymmfqtz said:
I actually met him back about 1972 while living in LA.
Now that makes me jealous :D I have been a fan almost all my life. My father actually wanted to name me tyrell after tyrell sackett, but my mother wouldnt have it.

I havent read any of his stuff in awhile but I have always loved his work. The sacketts were among my favorites. I was very fond of The Far Blue Mountains, Being Im a old NC hill billy my self.

I'm pretty sure I read every one of his books by the time I was 19. Sadly I haven't read one in many, many years. It may just be time to revisit the Sacketts.

I dug this up because I miss reading his books. I've read everything he ever wrote enough to quote some of them word for word, or so it seems. Is there anyone else that wishes as strongly as I do that he had written a sequel to the Last of the Breed? If ever a book demanded a sequel it's this one. :)

AJ

Oh my, it has been years since I read his stuff. I'll have to look his work up again!

he is to me the most simplistic western author I have ever seen. not that that's bad but its almost so simple its brain numbing. please no offence just my option.

I'm a huge Louis L'Amour fan. I started reading his stuff a couple of years ago. My favorites are Silver Canyon and Fair Blows the Wind. I've recently collected his Short Story Collection in Paperback and was about to devour them. Poirot struck and I've been delayed by a sleuth.

Not one L'Amour has been a let down, not one. Kind of like Cornell and Diehl.

AJ, he sure set "Last of the Breed" up for a sequel just didn't live long enough to do it.

Read a ton of his books when I was a kid. Love it!

Side note, buddy brought up a pulp fiction series I read about the same time. The Destroyer series. Must be like 70-80 books in that tale.

I think I read "most" of the Destroyer series back in the day...then they added even more. I think there's like 125 now. Fun series, quick reads.

Anyone Like Johnstone? I've read the first Mountain Man book. Good stuff. I think I like L'Amour better.