Louisiana Flake

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wet Dottle

Reaction score
Never tried it, but got a few ounces on a dare. I read it has a flavoring of some kind. Will it ghost my pipes?

Wet Dottle":tvcamk8a said:
Never tried it, but got a few ounces on a dare. I read it has a flavoring of some kind. Will it ghost my pipes?

Smoke it in a cob. ;)

I think it has a small amount of Tonquin.

I like it but a cob or a dedicated pipe might be best :lol:

I smoke it out of pipes dedicated to VaPers. It does ghost those pipes to a degree, but it disappears after a bowl or two. For instance, if you were to smoke an ounce of La Flake out of a pipe and then switch over to Hal o the Wynd out of that pipe, it would taste predominantly like La Flake for the first couple of bowls. Wouldn't recommend smoking La Flake out of pipes dedicated to other blends though (burleys, straight va's, etc). Hope this helps.

-Scott

Chocolate topping. Haven't tested ghosting but it's not heavy enough to ghost a pipe long term, or so I would think.

I like it enough to have it ghost all of my pipes!!!!! Only kidding. I don't find it to be a problem. Like Scott already stated, after a few bowls it will dissipate like most mildly aromatic tobaccos. :D

It's one of my absolute favorites, but I do find that it leaves a faint ghost, nothing excessive, but definitely noticeable.