Lovat I made

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Oakley

Reaction score
I have been making piipes from kits I bought from Tim West since September. In November, I took a class with Tim. This pipe is the fourth pipe I made and finished it in December. I thought I would share pics here.

my_fou10.jpg

my_fou10.jpg

my_fou14.jpg

my_fou15.jpg

my_fou12.jpg

Thats pretty sweet Bob...Not bad at all for limited experiance.

I would be proud to smoke that pipe, Bob. In fact, if you send it to me I will! :pipe:

showme

Nice pipe Bob, Great lines, and wonderful finish. Very nice piece of cross grain briar. Looks like she will provide very cool smokes indeed. . Keep up the good work.

-Dan-

Really nice pipe Bob! My new fav. shape! Ken.
Pacem en Puffing! :tongue: :king:

Bob, Very nice! I've really taken a shine to Lovats/Lumberjacks/Canadians etc. Love those long, wooden shanks (and no comments from the peanut gallery here!)

Natch

That is awesome Bob! the cross grain and birds eye is fabulous!

That's awesome. Hard to believe thats only your fourth pipe.

That is a nice looking pipe Bob, but be careful, that pipemaking can become highly addictive very easily.

Mike

Beautiful work, Bob! Great shape and finish. For your 4th pipe it is really impressive!! I just started carving alst month, too; and it can become an obsession really quick!! Be careful! :D

That is really nice work. While I wouldn't call it a lovat, it is pretty none the less. You sure lucked out with that piece of briar.

Mike Hagley

As the McKenzie brothers would say, "That's a beauty, eh." Nice grain!

Very nice work! Great proportions and transitions. I really like the coloring, and the narrow rim on the top of the bowl. Great job!

I missed your original post, just now saw it.
That is really nice work, great attention to details.