Low cost quick and easy pipe rack

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric Furgeson

Reaction score
Here are some pics of a project I did a couple weeks ago.

some time ago I bought couple of old spoon racks at Goodwill for a few dollars each. I repurposed them to serve as displays for my pocket watches and zippo lighters. Well not long ago I discovered that my pipe collection had out grown yet another pipe rack. Given I was out of shelf space for more racks and wanting to gather all my pipes into one location. (at least until I filled this newer larger rack and pressed the old ones back into service.) I decided to build a wall unit based on the spoon racks. I copied the top and bottom curves of the spoon racks and laid it out to hold three rows of 11 pipes each for a total of 33 pipes. I used 1/4" plywood for the back and 3/8"x1 1/4" select pine boards for the sides. I drilled three holes into each side and placed 5/16" dowel rods in them to form the rails the pipes hang on. I dry fit it all to insure every thing fit together nicely. I them took it all back apart and gave everything two coats of stain. Once that had dried I glued and clamped it together and let it set over night. Next I hung it up and loaded it with my pipes. Total build time about two hours, total cost about $15.00, happiness level 100%.

Thanks Bob! Now that I figured out how to upload photos I will be showing some of the things I make on here. Have to say though you inspired me to try my hand at carving a pipe or two. Just need to find the right wood that has the proper drying and aging time on it. Then we will see if I can manage to craft something I can smoke out of.

Eric Furgeson":ow11k1n9 said:
Thanks Bob! Now that I figured out how to upload photos I will be showing some of the things I make on here. Have to say though you inspired me to try my hand at carving a pipe or two. Just need to find the right wood that has the proper drying and aging time on it. Then we will see if I can manage to craft something I can smoke out of.
There you go! You never know what you can do until you dive in. Looks like you're off to a good start!

If we can all inspire others to express themselves with the gifts they have, we will have run a good course, I believe. Glad to have been of service!:D