Low Country Cooper

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bronxbill

Reaction score
This is a tobacco available from smokingpipes.com; it's the English entry in their new tobacco launch. According to the tin it is made up of Red VA, Orientals, Cyprian Latakia and Perique

My tin was packed on 8/31/07 so it was still fairly new . On opening I found mostly broken flakes that had to be rubbed out since they could not be folded and stuffed. Also, the tobacco was far too wet for my tastes. I left the tin open for a day to let it dry I should have let it dry longer.

I found the tobacco to be very sensitive to packing in less than a group 5 pipe; it must be packed very gently as it really swells when smoked. Once lit I found a smooth tasting tobacco that smoked to the bottom of the bowl with few relights....if I had packed correctly.

During the smoke, I personally tasted mostly the VA and the orientals with the Latakia in the bacground. The Perique must be added with a very light hand since I really had trouble identifying it in the blend of flavors.

I liked this tobacco and will buy more; but keep in mind that my tastes run toward middle of the road type english tobacco. If you like heavy latakia bomb type english, this may not be for you. Just my opinion.

Bill,

This sounds interesting. I like English blends that are light on the Latakia.

Bill, thank you for the review. I've been very curious about this one.