Low Country Waccamaw

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trout Bum

Reaction score
I have a new tin of this, unopened. Trying to decide weather to cellar it or just pop the top. Any brothers out there familiar with this one? If so, if you could post your impressions I would be most appreciative.

Thanks in advance,

TB

I have not tried this one yet. I have smoked both Cooper and Black. If this one is anything like those, meaning, bolder than you would normally expect.

I guess that doesn't make a lot of sense. Cooper isn't just a latakia blend. It's a lot like Penzance. With that creaminess. Black doesn't have just a little stoved leaf in it. It's down right got a fired leaf taste.

In my mind that would seem to make Waccamaw probably spicy. Sort of like the old Tavern Tobacco blend, Boar's Head. Could be that your tongue will be dancing.

I am mostly likely way off. :sunny:

In my experience--one tin, almost no age on it--it is true, the condimental flavors are very noticeable: you can really taste the Perique, and you notice the Oriental lurking in there.

With all the VA as the base, aging surely won't hurt it, but I liked it young. Or get more tins and have the best of both worlds.

Thanks, fellers!

Well, what the heck, might as well pop it and check it out. If it seems promising, I'll just order more.

My only concern is that I will probably like it. :bom:

Trout Bum":6ijxnwrt said:
I have a new tin of this, unopened. Trying to decide weather to cellar it or just pop the top. Any brothers out there familiar with this one? If so, if you could post your impressions I would be most appreciative.

Thanks in advance,

TB

If you cellar it for a year, then find out you love it, you'll
kick yerself for not cellaring more and then you have to
start aging some more from scratch. I say smoke it now.
If you like it, (like I did) buy more (like I did).